The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I think it's weird that someone calls people "bratty" for voicing opinions about a company making changes in their offerings.

wcporter, it's a store, not a religion. Businesses need to learn to be loyal to their customers - it's not the other way around.

11 members found this post helpful.

I don't know how choosing to order everything from a company that offered awesome perks like free embroidery is being a 'brat'...maybe because I'm bummed that the perk (which justified paying more for the products) has been taken away but the prices of products haven't gone down so therefore I cannot justify buying from them anymore?

Also, I don't really understand how people can't 'notice' the SmartPerks. I get e-mails about it every other hour, and on the website if you order a SmartPak product it shows up in bright orange (much like my USEF discount on everything else) right on the price when you are just browsing through the items. Things that qualify for free shipping or free return shipping have a little notation on them as well. Why not just add another one that says "SmartPerks!" or something, instead of emailing a code in fine print? They send me so many e-mails, that I hardly even read them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

4 members found this post helpful.

I still am mind-boggled that so many people actually are so devoted to having things monogrammed. It must be nice to have time to obsess about such non-essentials. Kudos to Sarah from SmartPak for dropping in to visit with us, and providing that special offer code.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    It is a company which exists to make money off us. It is not our mother who birthed us for 12 hours and changed our diapers and therefore we should forgive her trespasses. I do not feel moral obligation to be "loyal" t a retailer if fundamentally the same thing is now twice as expensive than it was two weeks ago, and almost everything non SmartPak they sell can be found cheaper elsewhere. It is not like they donate 80% of their profits to starving children and this is why we should "loyally" pay $10 more for the same exact items. You pay $10 more for perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    I think it's weird that someone calls people "bratty" for voicing opinions about a company making changes in their offerings.

wcporter, it's a store, not a religion. Businesses need to learn to be loyal to their customers - it's not the other way around.
    Seriously to both. As I understand from the two threads, SmartPak's discontinued free embroidery, free shipping on most things, made a 10% discount limited and harder to apply, their products cost more than comparable/better products from other companies (this I know from getting their catalogs, for some inexplicable reason as *I've never bought anything I can remember from them*), free taste samples, and customers who'd been willing to pay the markup to benefit from the freebies are annoyed that prices haven't lowered to match the reduced service and are taking their business elsewhere.

Loyalty to a business only comes with a REASON, especially when you're in a business with a lot of competition. When the company makes changes, even if they have business-valid reasons for doing it, customers have a right to get upset and go elsewhere. If you're paying a premium you want to get something for it, especially when you can just go elsewhere for the same product at a lower price if there are no special perks.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    No offense, but some of you sound really bratty. If you are only loyal to SP b/c you got "free" embroidery, then you're really not loyal at all.
    Cat is out of the bag: HOs can be bought, and the price is a free monogram.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Cat is out of the bag: HOs can be bought, and the price is a free monogram.
    I read that a little differently the first time, but it makes me laugh either way!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I read that a little differently the first time, but it makes me laugh either way!
    *snort*......so funny

1 members found this post helpful.

Hmm. Well, hey Smartpak, if you're still reading!!

I didn't get my order embroidered because a. I'm not sure the Kensington Pony fly mask will fit my evil burrito, though the reviews all seem to say it's a yes for minis, and b. I'm sure Rory and Odie will tear them off each other rather quickly...

But I placed an order anyways, because I heart you. Rory and Odie will hopefully have matching Smartblue plaid masks in a week to 10 days.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I did too, I thought what the heck has SmartPak done, HOs!? Like booty short breech wearing HOs!? LOL!!

Okay, lack of sleep has made me goofy. And, I will be needing pics of the Evil Burrito in plaid please.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Smartpak don't give a f about no haters as long as its b*tches love 'em, I guess
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Oh trust me, as soon as I get them in... I'm sure what I'll have is not pictures of evil burrito in plaid, but video of them ripping them off each other.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Smartpak don't give a f about no haters as long as its b*tches love 'em, I guess
    And their b!tches bring money. The haters can bring money, too. It's all good. Whoever. Just bring.the.money.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

3 members found this post helpful.

I did too!

Dear SmartPak, I'm now sad because it dawned on me, something I legitimately need and could totally use the monogramming code for, and I went and found it on the website.....and you can't monogram it!!! Whyyyyyyyy?! Kensington grooming tote...doesn't seem like that shouldn't be monogrammable. And it'd be perfect because I'm moving to a new barn next month and they have lockers (!) and I will need something smaller to stash my slew of grooming stuff in as my giant thing that can double as a mounting block won't work....and I need to downsize my slew. So now I'm just pouting over this first world problem, and I had a no-show client today and this just takes the cake...which I guess is like having your cake and eating it too, except it gets snatched away.

Cue Sarah McLachlan on the tele to make me feel guilty.

edit: I just watched the SmartPak video review for it. I think i'm still going to get it. damnit.
    Last edited by cottonXCblondie; Jun. 15, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

Smartpak's 100% happiness guarantee policy also seems to have changed. I bought a pair of the KL Select bell boots a couple of months ago as all the reviews said they lasted a long time. Within a couple of weeks there were slits in one of them and then recently about 1/2 of the bell boot pulled off in one big chunk. I emailed Smartpak with pictures and was told since its not because of a defect in the product, they will not refund or exchange, but would offer a five percent discount on a new pair. While I know it's my horse's fault, previously Smartpak would always be good about exchanging if something fell apart this quickly. For a 5% discount I would rather support my local tack shop. Completely understand the business $$$ reasons for not replacing my bell boots, but it's just different that my previous dealings with them.
    "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." ~Revelation 19:11

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    made a 10% discount limited and harder to apply
    I do not think the 10% smartperks discount is any more limited than it has ever been. It has only ever been on smartpak brand products.

Harder to apply only this first time.

Really. Change the policies if you want to. But don't be all SLY about it. Be honest.
    I returned 2 items and received notification that they were deducting $8.95 for return shipping. These were sized items and the receipt was clearly marked "yes" for free returns. When I called customer service, they then claimed it was because free returns are only within 60 days of purchase (the original e-mail said it was because the item wasn't a "sized" item). Claimed it says this 60 day policy on the website. Well, it is NOWHERE on the receipt, etc. Gave me the additional $8.95 credit, but ....

My smart pack gripe is that they have started billing me about two weeks before shipment (which seems excessive) and ship my smart packs so late that I get the new box the DAY I need them, which makes me nervous. Yes, I can change the date, but I should not have to do that, they should have it figured out. If they shipped within a day or two of billing it would be perfect.

LOL...I got slapped in another thread for griping about SP selling kool aid (kudos to them for the marketing genius that makes us all glaze over their catalogues and plastic wells)....but it's true, they aren't as majikal as they used to be. They're suffering from the exact same problems other retailers are - the rainbows and butterflies have dispersed and reality set in. They are all part of the economic machine that represents giant business.

Support local when you can. Or at least support a store that doesn't spend million$ on catalogues and fancy re-packaging .

Quote Originally Posted by XTAC View Post
    My smart pack gripe is that they have started billing me about two weeks before shipment (which seems excessive) and ship my smart packs so late that I get the new box the DAY I need them, which makes me nervous. Yes, I can change the date, but I should not have to do that, they should have it figured out. If they shipped within a day or two of billing it would be perfect.
    Um, I would guess they ship your current orders on the same exact day in the cycle that they shipped your original order.
    Not sure why this is a reason to get mad at them.
    If you want things to arrive so you have a bunch of spare time between shipments then contact them and change it. Their goal is so you have what you need and not have a ton of extra sitting around getting old.

I also really don't like getting billed nearly a week before my item ships.