The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Where do you put the monogram on a fly mask? I just can not picture it.

Thank you Smartpak for stepping in and clarifying.

It is on the gray solid piece at the nose.

Oh how cute. I had never thought of that.

I would happily give up the 10% SmartPerks or free shipping in exchange for the free embroidery...That was what sold me on SmartPak over and over. That and their excellent customer service! The one stop shopping for item/embroidery was awesome.

Maybe they'll bring it back. I do appreciate that they responded to the thread though! Thanks SmartPak!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

1 members found this post helpful.

I do not board my horses right now so I have never had free embroidery because no barn buddies program at home so truthfully this does not impact me.
    I will say that I am not willing to trade the 10% or free shipping though. I do not tend to embroider things.

Thanks, SmartPak, I'll be stocking up on embroidered stuff!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Maybe they'll bring it back.
    This is what gets me through.
    Didn't they used to do random specials where for a week you'd get free embroidery?
    Please God let them do that again.

Otherwise I am at a complete loss as to how to keep my horse clothing both identified and matching. I am disproportionately affected by this considering what a first world problem it is but I just can't get over it. Does anyone else feel like they have been broken up with?

The only thing that compares is when Angel was human for a day.
    That had me in a state of emotional shock for months.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Does anyone else feel like they have been broken up with?
    Kind of. BUT you can send dover packages direct to Twosocks and she can do all kinds of crazy embroidery and USPS them to you, so, while not free, you can still monogram all the things.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    Kind of. BUT you can send dover packages direct to Twosocks and she can do all kinds of crazy embroidery and USPS them to you, so, while not free, you can still monogram all the things.
    What are her prices for a blanket logo?
    Like if I were going to put HUNTERDON on my stable blanket (ha) is this the usual $49.95?

Also I will laugh when I compare her shipping to me to Dover's shipping to her.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    What are her prices for a blanket logo?
    Like if I were going to put HUNTERDON on my stable blanket (ha) is this the usual $49.95?

Also I will laugh when I compare her shipping to me to Dover's shipping to her.
    She did a custom vector graphic (an image, not a monogram) for $25. So I would guess that a simple blanket monogram would be inexpensive. www.twosocksdesigns.com (yes, I do have one of the "adult amateur on board" pads and I did wear it XC at a combined test...)

The local EmbroidMe franchise near here was able to do a small basic monogram for me for $5.

All of the big online dealers are feeling the heat from reduced profits due to the economic downturn. They are cutting corners everywhere they can.

If you think that's bad I could tell you some real stories about whats going on in the supplement/liniment world. I have a background in business start-ups and we got so disenchanted with product quality that we have spent over a year developing a new herbal liniment because the current market leader is diluting their product so bad. And this is a name brand that *had* a sterling reputation.

You know times are tough when the end-users are developing and marketing their own goods because they're tired of rising prices and watered down product!!
    Last edited by Southern Eventer; Jun. 14, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

While we're on the subject, they apparently don't offer "third party" taste tests anymore. I was thinking of starting my mare on Grand Complete and called to order a taste test - the person I spoke to said they stopped third party taste tests. Left me wondering if it is an attempt to push Smart Supplements?

$16 for embroidery? Just basic embroidery on saddle pad, etc and not a big one like a blanket? Thats really high. My company (family business) charges $8 for basic monogramming for one location, and that is large enough for saddle pads, etc comfortably and looks nice. Blankets are a bit more at $15 a side but it is noticeably bigger as well.

I never took advantage of smartpak's embroidery because well, I can do it myself exactly how I want it vs tapping my foot and finding *something* I don't like.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/4367197f.jpg
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/f4349d78.jpg
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/b0f2124a.jpg
    Did you know, today is yesterdays tomorrow and what you would leave for tomorrow you should do today?
    I am pro-Slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by c5rose View Post
    While we're on the subject, they apparently don't offer "third party" taste tests anymore. I was thinking of starting my mare on Grand Complete and called to order a taste test - the person I spoke to said they stopped third party taste tests. Left me wondering if it is an attempt to push Smart Supplements?
    This I kind of understand. I'm sure they kept close track of the "third party" samples sent out and realized the ROI was lower than they would like.

I bet they got tired of giving out free samples only to have the recipient purchase the product elsewhere.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kitari View Post
    $16 for embroidery? Just basic embroidery on saddle pad, etc and not a big one like a blanket? Thats really high. My company (family business) charges $8 for basic monogramming for one location, and that is large enough for saddle pads, etc comfortably and looks nice. Blankets are a bit more at $15 a side but it is noticeably bigger as well.

I never took advantage of smartpak's embroidery because well, I can do it myself exactly how I want it vs tapping my foot and finding *something* I don't like.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/4367197f.jpg
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/f4349d78.jpg
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...s/b0f2124a.jpg
    There is a local company here in Buffalo that wanted $10 PER MONOGRAM to put three initials at the end of some polo wraps. ie $40 for the set.

I miss TX.

No offense, but some of you sound really bratty. If you are only loyal to SP b/c you got "free" embroidery, then you're really not loyal at all.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

3 members found this post helpful.

How do you get the 10% VIP perks? I have had smartpaks autoshipped since the company opened and I think I have been missing out on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    No offense, but some of you sound really bratty. If you are only loyal to SP b/c you got "free" embroidery, then you're really not loyal at all.
    It is a company which exists to make money off us. It is not our mother who birthed us for 12 hours and changed our diapers and therefore we should forgive her trespasses. I do not feel moral obligation to be "loyal" t a retailer if fundamentally the same thing is now twice as expensive than it was two weeks ago, and almost everything non SmartPak they sell can be found cheaper elsewhere. It is not like they donate 80% of their profits to starving children and this is why we should "loyally" pay $10 more for the same exact items. You pay $10 more for perks.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    How do you get the 10% VIP perks? I have had smartpaks autoshipped since the company opened and I think I have been missing out on this.
    The perks are only for smartpak brand, and happened automatically. Moseople did not know they were getting the discount, so recently (last week) SmartPak asked everyone to type the code PERKS into their authorship to secure the discount ever more.

Di that and you'll be fine.