The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by pattnic View Post
    How do the others run length-wise? I know that I feel my EIS runs a bit short for my taste.
    Both the Wellington and the Riders Choice have more give in all areas including length

How do the Ariat Sunstopper shirts run, size-wise? Found a great deal, but it's on the larger of the 2 sizes I usually wear. I don't want to end up swimming in it, any opinions on how they run? Thanks!

The Wellington is definitly long enough. I like the fit. Have not worn it yet only tried on and bought. Felt comfy in the store. Bought 3 so I hope I like them. Anyone have both the Wellington and the EIS? Was wondering if they are the same as far as keeping you cool.
    Visit my website @ http://hihorsefarm.tripod.com (PONIES!)
    and
    http://heidalaycavaliers.tripod.com (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    I just got the Ariat sunshirt (I think it's called the sunstopper) and I like it a lot. It doesn't have the ice fil technology though-but I would definitely feel fine doing some jumper classes in it!
    I got one too and I also have an EIS shirt. The EIS shirt is slightly cooler but the fit on the Ariat shirt is MUCH better/more flattering for me. Considering the Ariat shirt is half the price of the EIS, I would buy another Ariat shirt but I will not be buying another EIS shirt unless they address how short they run.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie A View Post
    How do the Ariat Sunstopper shirts run, size-wise? Found a great deal, but it's on the larger of the 2 sizes I usually wear. I don't want to end up swimming in it, any opinions on how they run? Thanks!
    Mine fit me true to size. I usually wear a size XS top in street clothes and I was worried the XS in horse clothes would be too small but it fit perfect.

Another alternative that I really like are the Nike ELement 1/4 zip tops. They do not have the mesh vents that the EIS/Ariat tops have though, so they are not quite as cool but they are good for weather in the 60s-70s. Very flattering fit - long arms and they tuck into low rise breeches and stay tucked (at least for me).
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/el...26/pgid-508909

Since I went ahead and bought a Sunstopper shirt today (hoping it's not too big!), here's a sale - just a few sizes and only in fuchsia.
    http://www.6pm.com/ariat-sunstopper-top

Ok, so need to report back here - was at a show this weekend, and saw TONS of the EIS and similar shirts. I ended up buying FOUR of the Swing shirts - they are sized more generously than EIS, priced more reasonably, and come in just as many cute colors.

And I have to tell you, I LOVE them! It was mid-90's all weekend, and humid, and I was far cooler in my Swing shirt than in my polo the previous day. I wore for over 14 hours, showed in it, did barn work in it, even managed to eat dinner in it, and it never got wet or nasty-feeling. And I didn't have to keep reapplying sunscreen to my arms all day long. The sizing was nice enough that I didn't feel like every little lump and bump showed up, and the breeze was soooo nice!

Added bonus - the darker colors don't feel any hotter - so I could wear my navy one to show in, and not roast. I cannot say enough good things about these shirts - I'm so happy I bought some. Now I just have to restrain myself and not go get more.....

Just wanted to through that out there, since there has been a lot of discussion on the subject recently.

At the moment my Costco has EIS style shirts (both zip and polo style collars) for $45.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I just got two of these and really like them. (I ordered two of the $49.99 Riding Sport Icefil ones from Dover, but they're backordered, so I won't see mine till sometime in August.) They're not Icefil fabric but have been comfortable nonetheless for riding in 85-degree temps with high humidity. Right now if you look for a Coolibar promotion code online you can get them for about $35 apiece with free shipping. I'm 5'2" and 120 lb at the moment, and a small fits nicely -- not too loose, not too tight, and there's plenty of length.
    Last edited by Sunnyhorse; Jul. 7, 2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: More info!

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

I ordered one of the Dover Riding Sport Dover shirts ($44.95 with coupon code) and liked it well enough to order a second one. So now I have a lilac one and a green one. The green one is darker and, as someone noted about the EIS type ones, there doesn't seem to be a difference in coolness between the colors. Yes, I still feel hot when it's hot but I don't think it's any worse than wearing a tank top (hard to tell without wearing half of each I suppose). It's better than bare skin when you're moving and/or there is a breeze. And I don't get that lingering awful damp feeling--skin and bra don't stay wet.

I took their advice about ordering a size up if you don't like the tight look. Sleeves are definitely long enough. The fabric is thin but has enough structure/texture to it that it doesn't show every body flaw (of which there are many). Washes nicely and dries overnight.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    At the moment my Costco has EIS style shirts (both zip and polo style collars) for $45.
    I dashed to my local Costco to see if these shirts were there - alas, no - they had rash guard shirts, but they were nothing similar to the EIS or Swing shirts. *sigh* Still lusting after another couple of the Swing shirts - come on, eBay, don't fail me now!

Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheRoad View Post
    I dashed to my local Costco to see if these shirts were there - alas, no - they had rash guard shirts, but they were nothing similar to the EIS or Swing shirts. *sigh* Still lusting after another couple of the Swing shirts - come on, eBay, don't fail me now!
    My costco has the long sleeve mock neck zip ups and long sleeve polo collar type ones. That's the one problem with Costco, the selection varies. Right now mine doesn't have these sourdough crackers that I am *insane* about and it drives me nuts wondering if other Costcos have them...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I picked up one of these at the Columbia Outlet for about $30. Haven't tried it yet because it wont STOP RAINING...but it looks and feels awesome!

http://www.columbia.com/Women%27s-Fr...efault,pd.html