The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone want a cat?

No mine. Next door's. I hate the bloody thing. He (big ugly tom) keeps half killing rabbits and leaving them on my property. Nothing sounds worse than a dying rabbit.

Just been down to let the dogs out and there was a half dead rabbit in the middle of my yard. Luckily the terriers finished the poor thing off.

Even if I catch and rehome the cat, neighbour will just get another one. Maybe I should just let him deal with the various rabbits, mice and so on that I keep finding. Ugh.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Can you catch him and neuter him in hopes that it slows his hunting prowness?

Do you think your neighbor might be talked into neutering him possibly?

Any chance you can toss the 1/2 dead animals over on his property or is that too long a distance to just toss (like over a fence or something)?
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

I love my barn owner's cat. She is beautiful, smart, playful, and friendly. She is also an incredible hunter and I had the appalling experience recently of seeing her with a rabbit as large as she. She spied me and dragged the rabbit over, deposited it at my feet, and then sat in front of me, purring and satisfied. The rabbit was still alive. So there were all the conflicting emotions: happiness that the cat liked me, admiration at her hunting ability, and horror at the suffering of the poor rabbit.

I took the rabbit to a vet. It died.

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    Can you catch him and neuter him in hopes that it slows his hunting prowness?

Do you think your neighbor might be talked into neutering him possibly?

Any chance you can toss the 1/2 dead animals over on his property or is that too long a distance to just toss (like over a fence or something)?
    Would neutering help? To be honest, I think he's been at it that long that it's an ingrained habit now.

I hate to see anything suffer so I wouldn't carry them over still alive. Planning to take the one from today over and show the idiot owner it. I doubt it'll do any good.

This is a man who had a cat run over by a tractor. The poor thing was badly injured and all he said was 'I'm not taking it to the vet.' In the end, I took it to my vet and had it PTS.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    Would neutering help?
    It will help there be one neighbor's cat that you hate versus 30 of them!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.