The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Sunday Jingles & AO ~ ((hugs)) thoughts and prayers ~

Sunday Jingles & AO in full force ~

Thoughts and prayers and ((hugs)) and some rest squeezed in too !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Still praying.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Sending prayers and jingles.

Still sending prayers and ((Hugs))

Default Jingles laced with patience and strength ~ AO

Jingles laced with patience and strength ~ for the week ahead ~

((HUGS))

1 members found this post helpful.

Keeping you guys in my thoughts and sending more jingles!!!!

Monday jingles from NC, hoping that no news is good news.

Today is the first day in 15 days that I woke up without feeling nervous about calling his nurse. They did pull the Impella from his heart yesterday and I think it was harder on me than him because I wasn't sure how his heart would do without it. As it turned out, he did just fine and his vitals/blood pressure never changed. He is no longer in A-fib and his heart beat is regular. Late yesterday afternoon, I finally saw a real response from him and he started nodding or shaking his head to yes and no questions. He was still a little in and out, but it was such a relief to see him follow basic commands like wiggling his toes that I was sincerely overjoyed.

Today is his 64th birthday and I am overjoyed that he is still here with me. They are going to start weaning him off the ventilator (breathing tube) today although he will continue to need the feeding tube for a few more days. I just spoke to his nurse and she said he had a very good night and was definitely following her commands this morning. I know we are still faced with the huge hurdle of getting him through open heart surgery, but it looks like it is now going to be possible and that is what it will take to actually give his life back to him. Today I feel like he and I both have been given a gift and all I can do is thank God for hearing all of our prayers. Thank you to all of you for continued prayers and positive thoughts - I know without a doubt that all of you have helped bring him through the worst possible odds to where he is right now. Your support has helped get me through this too and have helped keep me from feeling so terribly alone in this.

Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

6 members found this post helpful.

Love the positive update but still jingling for ya ! Big hugs as well!

P.

Not how either of you wanted to celebrate his birthday I am sure but overjoyed that you get to celebrate it together. I am continuing my jingles for all involved. Hope by his birthday next year this is a bad memory.

Excellent news!

While I don't always post I do check for updates regularly and I want you to know that you and your husband are in my prayers and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bludejavu View Post
    Today is the first day in 15 days that I woke up without feeling nervous about calling his nurse. They did pull the Impella from his heart yesterday and I think it was harder on me than him because I wasn't sure how his heart would do without it. As it turned out, he did just fine and his vitals/blood pressure never changed. He is no longer in A-fib and his heart beat is regular. Late yesterday afternoon, I finally saw a real response from him and he started nodding or shaking his head to yes and no questions. He was still a little in and out, but it was such a relief to see him follow basic commands like wiggling his toes that I was sincerely overjoyed.

Today is his 64th birthday and I am overjoyed that he is still here with me. They are going to start weaning him off the ventilator (breathing tube) today although he will continue to need the feeding tube for a few more days. I just spoke to his nurse and she said he had a very good night and was definitely following her commands this morning. I know we are still faced with the huge hurdle of getting him through open heart surgery, but it looks like it is now going to be possible and that is what it will take to actually give his life back to him. Today I feel like he and I both have been given a gift and all I can do is thank God for hearing all of our prayers. Thank you to all of you for continued prayers and positive thoughts - I know without a doubt that all of you have helped bring him through the worst possible odds to where he is right now. Your support has helped get me through this too and have helped keep me from feeling so terribly alone in this.

A wonderful update. Continuing to pray and jingle as it sounds like there is still a long road ahead.

So glad to hear! Continued jingles!!!!!!!

Wonderful news. Jingles & prayers continue...

Happy jingles!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

So happy to hear he's continuing to improve!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Default Happy Birthday to Doug and of course Susan ~ Jingles laced with AO ~

Happy Birthday wishes for Doug ~ and of course Susan ~

Jingles laced with inner strength & AO today ~

Please know lots of cothers sending thoughts and prayers and ((HUGS)) daily ~

Push onward ~

Happy birthday Doug, and may you have many more! sending more prayers for a complete recovery, a successful surgery and strength for you, Susan.

Very encouraging update, Bludejavu!! Happy birthday Doug with many happy returns of the day. COTH jingles rock! Stay strong Susan and keep telling Doug that there are many good people rooting for him.

Fabulous update and Happy Birthday, Doug! I'm still jingling!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.