The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another selling saddle question

Any suggestion on the best website to use to sell a County? Is there a specific website that could sell it better than another?

www.highendusedsaddles.com Cori is amazing and will sell it quickly. Also try www.fineusedsaddles.com.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

If you are selling yourself - I just sold a high-end name-brand saddle on horseclicks.com.

Thanks. Has anyone ever heard of Danforth Fine Used Saddles? They have a mobile unit at HITS right now? That would make it easy but have neve heard of them and would like to here some first hand experience. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter/JumperMom View Post
    Thanks. Has anyone ever heard of Danforth Fine Used Saddles? They have a mobile unit at HITS right now? That would make it easy but have neve heard of them and would like to here some first hand experience. Thanks again
    Not personally but there was a recent thread you should read
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...light=danforth
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I had planned to consign but got a local buyer first; I would recommend Rachel at iselltack.com if you are wanting to consign.

ETA: Rachel charges 15% commission, whereas most other places I've seen charge 20-30%.

Eek!! Just read the thread and its all over the place!! Maybe I will check out Rachel!!!

If you are consigning, I would use fine-used-saddles.com. Patricia is great to deal with and I know that is who my local County rep recommends. She just sold a saddle for me, not County, but another high end brand.

I have sold several saddles on my own via tacktrader and similar sites. Now e everyone seems to be using Facebook to sell stuff, but I'm not a FB-er!

Second, Patricia at fine-used-saddles.com She just sold a county saddle for me.
    She was wonderful and professional to work with.
    M
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from behind, or a fool from any direction