The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    CM, the info is on its way to the person who checks in ALL livestock at OLEX (southern ON auction, where meat buyers frequent for the Québec plants). She is amazing and knows her horses, and will be able to spot him a mile off if he shows up here.
    Also - maybe people on show circuits could share the pics with show secretaries, judges, ring stewards? Might be overdoing it but thought I'd put that out there.
    Jingling for you!
    Dee
    Is it Barbie?
    Although if he was in Va, I doubt he would make it to an auction in Ontario. NH? then to the s/h in Qc... in a sealed truck, so no auction stop.
    I have sent a message to the Cdn Horse Coalition to try and get an email or phone no. Also, you can contact the media in Canada, ie Mary Ormsby (mormsby@thestar.ca) as she may have contacts too after the research and articles the did on Backstreet Bully.
    I was going to suggest contacting luvmytbs re the DOT number but I see she has already seen this.
    Good luck!!

I also shared on Facebook. I have seen his story pop up a few times already so he is getting exposure - even in Paso Fino circles.
    You are what you dare.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, Barbie I figure that because so many horses go through there, that it would be a good idea to make that another point of contact. If others have contacts at NH that would be a logical next step.
    D.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Yes, I did too.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Despicable people! Hope she's arrested! Have faith and good luck! Praying for a good outcome and that horse will be returned to you asap. My daughter had cancer, surgeries, chemo, radiation that finished just last year. She also has 2 young children. My heart goes out to you!

I shared...Hope you get your horse back
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

shared it on my fb too.
    Barbie just saved a Dutch x gelding who went through Olex and was at the NYNE feedlot.

I shared on my Facebook page too.

There is a special place in hell. . .

2 members found this post helpful.

I shared with some horse folks in Roanoke. Fingers crossed.

I made up a quick flyer and gave it to the wonderful folks at Kingsport Livestock Auction at lunchtime today. They'll make sure everyone who comes through sees it. They tell me there's no other auctions for horses until you get to Knoxville, so that's good news. There was a big horse sale there yesterday, though.
    "Dogs give and give and give. Cats are the gift that keeps on grifting." –Bradley Trevor Greive

posted on my FB. There is a spectacularly WARM place in hell for the nutjob that stole your baby. Praying for a good outcome on the recovery of your horse and for your cancer recovery too.

Shared on my FB page also.

You have notified NetPosse, yes??? Also notify the U.S. BORDER PATROL. When my horse was stolen THEY were the ones who spotted him.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Although if he was in Va, I doubt he would make it to an auction in Ontario.
    Don't be too sure. When my horse was stolen in Mass. he crossed the border in Detroit. The KB's drive around the auctions buying them up until they have a(n) (over)full truckload.

Jingles and prayers for you, OP.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Do these people realize the magnitude of the charges they are facing?

Theft. Moving stolen property across State lines. Receiving stolen property. Etc.

Doesn't seem worth it for the $50 profit they'd make if they pulled it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Do these people realize the magnitude of the charges they are facing?

Theft. Moving stolen property across State lines. Receiving stolen property. Etc.

Doesn't seem worth it for the $50 profit they'd make if they pulled it off!
    I would guess they do not expect to get in trouble because they already go away with it when they lied to the cop who came to the house.

I shared both photos and the KB name on my Facebook page, as well. I'll continue to do so, as well.

There truly is a special place in Hell for thieves like this
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

I strongly urge you to file a NetPosse report ASAP! You will have THOUSANDS of people looking for him and sharing the flyer. You can go back and edit the report if it changes from civil to criminal but please, get the info out there!

The OP posted above that she is waiting to finish her NetPosse paperwork until she gets the police report so she can file with them as criminal and not civil.

Post #12:
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMeadows View Post
    I am going to wait on a full report with netposse because you have to choose between criminal and civil and I want to try tomorrow to get a criminal case going and then add that to netposse. I don't feel like it's civil, and frankly am financially low so lawyering up for a civil case after all the ridiculous cancer expenses is daunting... being sick is expensive.

Oh my god, it never ceases to amaze me the depths some people will sink.
    I am praying for someone to be able to find him, And the people that took him to rot in jail. My lord you poor thing, and with all you are going through.
    How do you know she was planning on selling him to slaughter?
    I do not know the relationship you had with this woman so I cannot understand.
    Is there no one that knows her and where she might be?
    No one that knows where this buyer trucker holes up?
    Lord I wish I could help. Sending huge jingles and hugs to you and the return of your boy. It is just sickening. I cannot imagine how helpless you must feel.

I posted on my FB here in Ontario, and my cousin in Nova Scotia is very involved with TB rescues, auctions, etc so she will keep an eye out too on that end of the country.

BIG hugs
    if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

I will share on my FB and ask a friend who attends the auctions in Troutville to keep an eye out for him. He is an "englishy" horse that will stand out at a lot of the auctions around here.
    I would also contact C&H, they run the Hollins stockyard auction and the Mt. Airy, NC auction. Here is their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/C-H-S...41481429269183 Chances are if they want to run him through a sale, it will go to on of these two and even though they run a horse sale, they seem like decent people on the few occasions I have met them
    Railgirl.blogspot.com