The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sirius XM Radio question

My trial is about to end, and I think I'm going to subscribe, but I know the fees vary greatly. So... how much do you pay?
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

I pay about $20 per month (I renew every six months.) That includes the ability to listen online on any computer or mobile device that gets internet. It is my entertainment budget. I'd rather do without tv than my satellite radio. I just got an email from them saying that the royalty fees are increasing so I think there will be a slight bump in the price.

I have had friends whose trial expired and they had success calling and threatening not to subscribe unless they were given a lower rate than published. If you have patience and chutzpah, you might try it.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I paid $300 for a lifetime subscription a few years ago. Not sure if they still offer that option.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Do some googling. Tell the phone or chat rep that you got an email with X offer and you'd like to pay that.

I think I pay the equivalent of $6 per month? I tell them I want the $77/yr offer. So that's like $6.50 a month. I wouldn't pay more than that.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, I pay $4.95/month I let my trial run out, and then they sent me more and more promotions with lower prices than before. I finally just took them up on one of them. My SO has good luck bartering with them.

1 members found this post helpful.