The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hulu Plus?

Thoughts? I don't have cable TV- Netflix had let me down in the past when it comes to getting my fav TV show in a timely manner (the walking dead) so I'm thinking of switching up!
    Pros? Cons?

I had both Netflix and Hulu Plus and liked HP much more because I like TV shows way more than movies. That said, you can get most of the current TV shows online, so I dropped it.
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

I loved it and was very sad when I had to cancel it because they don't offer it in this country.

Pros: TV shows the day after they air. A wide variety of shows. Good quality streaming.
    Cons: Commercials. For a while they were getting RIDICULOUS with them (think 160+ seconds of commercials at each slot). However, they received a lot of push back from this and were really cutting down on the length of commercial breaks when I moved in January. I think commercials are the same for Plus vs regular, so if they don't bother you on regular then it doesn't matter.

I cut cable and bought Hulu+ and used a friend's Neflix. I preferred Hulu, but I think both together are perfect if you watch a lot of media but don't want the bill.

ETA: Now I use Project Free TV for all my shows because it works here. It takes a while to get used to, but there are a ton of shows that are available next day. The quality is not as good and you have to deal with a lot of pop-ups, but it is do-able if you don't want to spend the money on Hulu+. (If you need a little tutorial on how to use it, let me know.)
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Fourteen Months Living and Working in Costa Rica

You can torrent your shows which involves some basic computer knowledge and a good deal of grey area with legalities.

I found that most networks had their own shows up on their own websites day after air and Hulu Plus was mostly good for series runs of older favorite tv shows.

Since Walking Dead is a cable show it is not available via Hulu or Hulu Plus, you would have to go the amctv website and most shows you would need to get via torrenting or something like project free TV (which does tend to have some issues as they bounce around to different servers).