The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    meow

You win, paws down.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    SV how do you have any idea what I ride or train ? Have we ever had a discussion about my personals ?

As per the racing forums don't flatter yourself I post and frequent them regularly.

. I questioned your motives concerning why you were randomly posting on an old thread in the driving forum. Especially given your priors pertaining to the carriage industry as a whole? If you have a legit reason for posting on that thread other then to jab at McFlynn etc please enlighten us.
    So, you think it is OK to have me justify my post on a carriage thread and you think that you are beyond that. Wow, you really do think that you are holier than thou. My comment on the carriage thread was why the name calling to the anti-carriage poster, why not just address the accusations.

Talk about the "posting police" wow, you are just so totally full of yourself, and no you don't ride or train OTTBs and came to the racing thread for only one reason to disparage me. If you had any experience with OTTBs you would have posted that, you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    So, you think it is OK to have me justify my post on a carriage thread and you think that you are beyond that. Wow, you really do think that you are holier than thou. My comment on the carriage thread was why the name calling to the anti-carriage poster, why not just address the accusations.

Talk about the "posting police" wow, you are just so totally full of yourself, and no you don't ride or train OTTBs and came to the racing thread for only one reason to disparage me. If you had any experience with OTTBs you would have posted that, you didn't.
    Honey, when you jump in the conversation with the kind of contribution you offer all too often, I think we are done wondering....

After all:
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...s/novirtue.png

you do have a tendency to go out of your way to stir up trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

4 members found this post helpful.

Wait what you've lost me. You're suggesting that because I responded to your irrational drivel with sarcasm that means I don't ride , train, own OTTB's etc etc.

2 plus 2 really does equal fish for you SV
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Honey, when you jump in the conversation with the kind of contribution you offer all too often, I think we are done wondering....

After all:
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...s/novirtue.png

you do have a tendency to go out of your way to stir up trouble.
    OMG lololololol
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Wait what you've lost me. Your suggesting that because I responded to your irrational drivel with sarcasm that means I don't ride , train, own OTTB's etc etc.

You being "lost" is not surprising. If you and your followers truly want to defend the carriage industry and on this post the eventers, then you might have an argument to make in response to the accusations being made.

Good thing the eventers have an argument in response to PETA which was brilliant and very well thought out. I again want to point out their own responsibility to those accusations and owning the responsibility to look into some of the perceived problems that will no doubt resolve the PETA accusations.

Others such as yourself Lynnwood, should really take note of the sound response to PETA on their own horse industry. Name calling is just not an effective response to anything after third grade.

1 members found this post helpful.

You being "lost" is not surprising. If you and your followers truly want to defend the carriage industry and on this post the eventers, then you might have an argument to make in response to the accusations being made.

Good thing the eventers have an argument in response to PETA which was brilliant and very well thought out. I again want to point out their own responsibility to those accusations and owning the responsibility to look into some of the perceived problems that will no doubt resolve the PETA accusations.

Others such as yourself Lynnwood, should really take note of the sound response to PETA on their own horse industry. Name calling is just not an effective response to anything after third grade.
    Who's calling names?
    ! now go away away or I shall taunt you a second time!

6 members found this post helpful.

Wait what you've lost me. You're suggesting that because I responded to your irrational drivel with sarcasm that means I don't ride , train, own OTTB's etc etc.

Really you need to ask...You and your buddies do nothing to help your cause. Others have dealt with the same issues on a professional level.
    Last edited by stolen virtue; Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling

1 members found this post helpful.

SV you can keep attempting to post from your high horse but we all know the truth

As for professional defenses. They have been discussed ad nauseum. Feel free to ask McFlynn about their role in pioneering progressive changes withing their industry NOT because the likes of PETA butted in , but because it was what was best for their horses.

Have you ever heard the saying when "Don't be surprised when you drain the swap and find yourself a$$ deep in alligators"? Associating with PETA on any level is an invitation for infiltration.

Quite frankly, Lynnwood there are times when I think you and Michaleenlflynn work for PETA since your posts have no information just vitriol. Again, you might want to learn from the eventers response to PETA.

Again SV I said nothing about your rights. I questioned your motives.
    Ah, but that is precisely the issue with folks like SV and EF and etc, etc, ad nauseum -- they don't see any difference between rights and motives. They conflate the two, and therefore they treat their own motives as though they conferred actual rights to have those motives prevail. Arrogant and narcissistic, but they are and will remain blind to that. The only redemptive aspect is that they take themselves so seriously it is supremely easy to toy with them. Enjoy the ensuing hilarity, because it is truly the lone upside.

Who's calling names?
    ! now go away away or I shall taunt you a second time!
    Lynwood, you are too kind. I vote we jump right to farting in her general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Is there a full moon? No??
    For SV, the moon is always full.

Quote Originally Posted by BelgianHalfDrafts View Post
    You know what's really funny? I own 3 carriage horses and we have a huge turnover. For 2 years, I had a business elsewhere and registered 0% of them! Then, one year, I only worked a few days a week, and only registered two. One year, I sent a horse back to the trainer and didn't register him as a carriage horse. Last year, I registered all three but at different times. At no time did any of them ever leave my pasture. Those are the "disappearing" carriage horses. I'm sure EF would be horrified by this "turnover" rate and assume they have all been sent to slaughter.
    DING DING DING DING DING!!! We have a winner :-) Now multiply that times 68, and the mysterious disappearing horses of NYC are clearly revealed as figments of Forel's fetid, feverish imagination. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING!!! We have a winner :-) Now multiply that times 68, and the mysterious disappearing horses of NYC are clearly revealed as figments of Forel's fetid, feverish imagination. Case closed.
    Who is that person anyway? The post she did on the driving forum about the black horse panting?? Cannot be a horse person! Seriously My Ex was not a horse person, but he knew more about horses than that! .
    Wow~
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Here is some interesting article on the carriage horses and animal rights extremists:

http://beefmagazine.com/animal-welfa...lfare-concerns

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Who is that person anyway? The post she did on the driving forum about the black horse panting?? Cannot be a horse person! Seriously My Ex was not a horse person, but he knew more about horses than that! .
    Wow~
    This is she: http://www.equineadvocates.org/video.php?recordID=32

Forel was a garden-variety cat/dog RARA, until she found she could make a little cottage industry for herself dogging the carriages

Lynwood, you are too kind. I vote we jump right to farting in her general direction.

Oh, there is nothing like classic Python in the morning!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

Really you need to ask...You and your buddies do nothing to help your cause. Others have dealt with the same issues on a professional level.
    Am I the only one who has noticed that Fairfax and Stolen Virtue use many of the same buzzwords? Buddies, followers....

Just goes to show you that the fringes use much the same rhetoric.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

5 members found this post helpful.

Ah, but that is precisely the issue with folks like SV and EF and etc, etc, ad nauseum -- they don't see any difference between rights and motives. They conflate the two, and therefore they treat their own motives as though they conferred actual rights to have those motives prevail. Arrogant and narcissistic, but they are and will remain blind to that. The only redemptive aspect is that they take themselves so seriously it is supremely easy to toy with them. Enjoy the ensuing hilarity, because it is truly the lone upside.
    So a poster with the screen name "obsidian " calls anyone who would question the carriage industry a "narcissus" well how dense are you obsidian ? You are the one who takes yourself "so seriously" time to grow up, and grow a spine....Some times telling the bullies that they are wrong requires a spine.....

Oh and your "fart jokes" well my 12 year old has learned not to use those as ridicule....might want to take a lesson from junior high students...clearly better at an intelligent argument than yourself...