The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help! Any chance someone has my other boot?!

AARGH! Just ordered a pair of Ariat Volant H20 from Dover on closeout for a steal. Put on left boot...fits great! Super comfy! Put on right boot...why can't I zip it up? AARGH! Discover I have a 7.5 tall full and a 6.5 tall slim. Of course, Dover has no more. Ariat has no more. Dover (they did look through their inventory) can only offer a pre-paid return label to ship them back. AAARGH! These will be great schooling boots and I want to keep them! Dover's customer service rep says if any were returned they go back into stock (that's great! So someone else can get a mismatched pair) so they can't really help me find one. Did any COTH'er get my other boot? We can do an exchange! I'll even pay the shipping.
    I realize they probably just came from the factory this way, and no no one has my other boot. But I thought it was worth a try, any maybe worth a laugh. Besides, you never know...I really do want to keep them!

ETA: Yay! Happy update at bottom of page.
    Last edited by T-storm chick; May. 30, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Happy update post #11!

Bump.
    Le sigh. Lots of views but no results yet. Right now am trying to see how long I can tolerate the 6.5, and contemplating blasting the inside with alcohol to stretch it (of course, if I do that I can't return them. And I'm not sure if my normal 7.5 can tolerate the 6.5 either, since I definitely can't stretch the footbed!)
    Bear with me. I may bump this up a time or two more but I will try to avoid being too obnoxious.
    Thanks for reading!

Did you get them on the $375 closeout or is there another deal that's not as obvious? I've had my eye on the H20s ever since I got my red-striped Volants last year.

Can you speak with a manager at Dover? That's a pretty big error, and I don't think I would want to suffer the wrath of my feet when I tried to walk around on two different sized footbeds. What about going to a size 7 or a size 8 (or at least seeing if they have those in inventory)?

Hope you get it resolved!

It is not really good for your foot to shove it into a 6.5 when you wear a 7.5.

I can not imagine even Dover would put a mismatched pair back into stock.

1 members found this post helpful.

Haha well someone has my right boot in my pair of tredstones... 9.5 reg calf, reg height.... had them shipped to me that way and got my money back from them because they didn't have a use for 2 left boots any more than I did! If anyone has my right boot I would be highly appreciative!
    Who say's your best friend has to be human?

They were a $200 closeout in the latest sale catalog. Everybody finally noticed it because they are all gone. I've thought about emailing Chelsey, the customer service person; just haven't done it yet (will just after I get off here!) The cheapest I've found them anywhere else is about $380 on Ebay; otherwise, places that have them are still at close to regular retail. I don't need them but I would actually rather school in tall boots than half chaps. They were a pretty good deal, and everyone says they are so comfortable I thought I would give them a shot. Now I am really bummed.

Can anyone who has Volants comment on how much they stretch through normal wear? I know a 6.5 is a bad idea for me. (My husband keeps giving me looks like I am nuts!) However, oddly enough, my toe isn't really bumping the end and my heel isn't rubbing with a thin sock. I do feel a little pressure on the top of my foot but if they stretched at all I think that would go away. I will probably do the smart thing and return them; I am just really upset that I get to be the person who got s@rewed over by a crappy packing job in the factory, darn it.
    (Also, as I said before, please feel free to laugh at my predicament. Is IS a first world problem)

Can't say how the H20s will stretch, but I can say that my normal volants haven't stretched at all in the foot, but have stretched in the calf a fair amount.

That really does suck. They still have plenty of H20s in inventory (at the $380 price), so I would think they would be willing to swap out for you. I would keep talking to people there and see if you can get someone to OK getting you the right sized boot.

PNW Jumper, thanks for the help. I just put every combination of 7/7.5 onto Dover's website for the boot in regular and tall at the $370/480 prices and they all come up "no longer available." Think I'm just out of luck. Did email Chesley but haven't heard back yet. Keeping fingers crossed that they simply don't fit someone or someone in my size decides they are hideous and sends them back.

On stretching out, I have the regular not H20, Volants and haven't found that they stretched much at all. But did have to go down a size from my regular (I usually wear a ladies 7 shoe but went 6.5 in the Volants, both the tall and the paddock boot). Of course, I wasn't trying to put a bigger foot in a smaller boot, so not really trying to stretch it. The leg was really tight when I first got them, and needed help zipping the first time, but they were a good fit after one ride.

Wow, if I could get the H2O boots for $200, I'd do it. I love my tall ones for riding at home, but leave them in the barn when it is mucky as I didn't want to have wet feet, slogging through muck like we have now (after record breaking rain this week!).

ETA: Thanks for posting this as I just went to Dover's website and they did have my size in stock. So I ordered. Now let's see if I end up with your other 7.5 boot in my 6.5 box?

YAHOO! My begging to customer service did not go unnoticed. Someone has returned some 7.5 tall slims and they are headed my way! I have to give Dover customer service props for the help on this one...Also to everybody who read my tale of woe and offered suggestions. Looking forward to getting them next week. Horsepoor, good luck...I hope you don't get the other 7.5 (mine was the left one lol!) but if you do they will have a pair to steal the mate from.

5 members found this post helpful.