The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fried kippers and eggs for breakfast. YUM!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I've never had sardines; I hate to waste food so have been afraid to buy and try, in case I don't care for them. How do they compare to anchovies (which I looove?)
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Sardines are not salted like anchovies - think big anchovies, with more flesh, and way less salt.

Anchovies are the same fish and all the same benefits only with a lot of salt.
    Work your way up with them on a pizza.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Fried kippers and eggs for breakfast. YUM!
    Ditto. LOVE "Kippers & Eggs". Although I must say that I've been spoiled somewhat by the canned ones. Had an opportunity to buy whole smoked kippers, & dealing with all the tiny little bones was disastrous. Keep that in mind if you ever come across whole kippered herring.

They're DELICIOUS!!! On toast with mustard, and some cornichons to go with them. Mmmmm. And the dogs go NUTS for the left-over oil from the can.

But no, I would not bring them to work.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I don't know about my dogs, but the cats enjoy the oil from the cans (not the sauced types) drizzled over some dry cat food.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Sardines are not salted like anchovies - think big anchovies, with more flesh, and way less salt.
    ...I think I need to try sardines. Especially with all the variations posted here!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG