The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Voice - 2013

Anyone else following The Voice this season?

Last night they cut the group down to 6.

Being a country/western listener for many years, I was thrilled to see the 3 CW singers from Blake get through as well as Amber from Adam's team.

What really totally surprised me was that Judith Hill didn't get chosen. While she is not my kind of performer, I totally think she was one of the best on the show with a great voice and fantastic stage presence.

I'm really pulling for Danielle Bradbury to win.

What about anyone else-who are you hoping wins this seasn?
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I was surprised that the brothers made it through. I thought Judith would for sure.

Really shocked Judith went home. I thought she was a given. She also consistently won The Hair, which is the weekly competition my husband and I judge (the pretty boy model who was delighted with his own good looks gave it a good run, but Judith's hair always nailed it).

The brothers are just sort of adequate; they never do anything wrong really, they just don't do anything spectacular either. They are a study in bland.

I think the teenage girl (is that Danielle?) is due to leave; she's a cute kid and all but just doesn't have much to her voice yet or anything particularly interesting besides being a kid. Really rooting for Sasha, whose voice is phenomenal, and Michelle, who's just plain entertaining in her massive weirdness.

The nondescript blonde on Adam's team can sing better than the nondescript blonde on Blake's team (one is Holly and one is Amber and damned if I can ever remember which is which, except that Adam's can sing).

God I hope the one on Adam's team that looks like Adele but can't sing like her goes home next; her voice annoys the crap out of me, especially when she wavered and warbled her way through "Angel" and my cats spooked and ran out of the room.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

Honestly, I can't keep all the blondes straight. I like Michelle - she is wonderfully weird and it would be great if she beat all the pretty people.

1 members found this post helpful.

I thought Judith Hill was too "robotic", for lack of a better word. I really liked Sarah Simmons, too. Oh well, its a fun show. Actually the early part of choosing and "stealing" is more fun to watch than the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Honestly, I can't keep all the blondes straight. I like Michelle - she is wonderfully weird and it would be great if she beat all the pretty people.
    I'm pulling for Michelle, too. And if you take those glasses off of her, she IS one of the pretty ones! It's just harder to tell since the glasses take up most of her face. I will be honest, though, I've been hugely happy with all the country performers this year. It's been fun hearing a lot of songs I grew up with.

Judith is a great singer. She should have gone on to the next round. Sarah Simmons annoyed the crap out of me and I'm thrilled that she's gone. Every time I heard her, I thought of Sarah McLachlan, and I hate Sarah McLachlan's voice. I'm also kind of annoyed by Sasha, too, but some of that might just be song choice. The rest of them? Meh. I think they're good singers, but not necessarily good enough to win.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I don't watch the show live- I watch the videos after the fact. Like the singing, can't stand all the filler crap. My favorites are Michelle and Amber. Judith never did much for me, I don't listen to the type of music it seems like Sasha is going to sing, and I'd never buy Danielle's record- it seems like she's trying to be the next Taylor Swift, but she certainly sings better than Taylor does.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Ooh, I just realized Sarah went home! I was too busy lamenting the loss of Judith to notice that she was also (finally) out. Yay.

I still miss Midas Whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    I'd never buy Danielle's record- it seems like she's trying to be the next Taylor Swift, but she certainly sings better than Taylor does.
    I'll agree with you that Danielle certainly sings better and looks better also, than Taylor Swift.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I thought Judith blew her chances with her last performance. You can't go that far off tangeant of what people expect of you in a competition...even if its supposed to demonstrate that you are an artist of many talents, I think the performance was weird, so wasn't surprised she went home.

I'm rooting for Michelle and Sasha
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.

Danielle is from our neighborhood, so I have to root for her. She's a sweet kid and I think Blake is right. She is going to be the next Country superstar - whether or not she wins this.

Michelle is one I'd go see in concert. Love her!

Sasha is one I'd by her songs if she stuck with the old bluesy jazzy standards and gave them a more current sound (like she has done several times so far).

I think the Swon brothers would be fun to see in concert, too - like at Reliant at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.

Amber has a great and powerful voice and has a place in Country, too.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I just am amazed at how talented the singers are on this show. Maybe the producers just do an amazing job, but the contestants seem to be miles above what they had on American Idol this year.

Honestly, I don't think Michelle is nearly as good as the others. Other than her quirkiness and nerdy-appeal, I just don't think her voice matches up. I think Danielle or Sasha should win this season.
    Friend of bar.ka

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTalk View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Michelle is nearly as good as the others. Other than her quirkiness and nerdy-appeal, I just don't think her voice matches up. I think Danielle or Sasha should win this season.
    She doesn't have the outright vocal power of Sasha or Amber, but she is an outstanding storyteller and knows how to use inflection in a really powerful way. Then when you give her a kick ass song she just has fun and rocks it. She doesn't have the same instrument as Pink, but she has some of the same skill set.
    - Harry Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    She doesn't have the outright vocal power of Sasha or Amber, but she is an outstanding storyteller and knows how to use inflection in a really powerful way. Then when you give her a kick ass song she just has fun and rocks it. She doesn't have the same instrument as Pink, but she has some of the same skill set.
    Just not sure I see the star quality there that others on the show possess. I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but...I don't know that I see her going as far in the industry. Just my opinion.
    Friend of bar.ka

I've only watched twice and can't keep the names straight, but the last 8 were all quite amazing in different ways. Where does all this talent come from? I'm glad Sasha and Michelle weren't eliminated.

I thought of Michelle as more of a novelty act at first, but I noticed during certain moments (especially in group numbers) that she really actually can sing. Again, not quite the range of Sasha or Amber, but I think she's better than one would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTalk View Post
    Just not sure I see the star quality there that others on the show possess. I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but...I don't know that I see her going as far in the industry. Just my opinion.
    Fair enough- if we didn't have differing opinions, the voting would be boring!
    - Harry Dresden

The quality of all these shows drop terribly once they move to voting. I always quit watching then, since it's no longer a talent contest and becomes more a middle school popularity contest.

1 members found this post helpful.

Wow, happymom, you don't sound happy I'm so glad I have such low standards that I'm actually quite impressed by the quality of the contestants