The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ?? Zenyatta Bred to??

I've been on the blogs and can't see to whom she was bred to?
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

Supposedly War Front.

They haven't announced it yet. But rumor is it's War Front.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Interesting choice- most of his races were sprints.

Maybe they want to add a little bit of quick(er) speed to her?
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

War Front does produce classic distance winning horses. Quite a few of them. He also produces milers and a few pure sprinters. Seems to have gotten winners at all distances.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I really like this pairing from a physical standpoint, and from what I know of the personalities of these horses- I bet we get a tractable but very gritty competitor.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

I really like the match, too.

Reading comments on her Facebook update is enough to make your eyes bleed, though. All sorts of people freaking out about how they should give her a rest, give her another "job" for variety and only make her be a broodmare part time, how this means she can't nurse her current colt, "won't she ever get a chance to just dance and prance?", the owners only care about the money and don't regard the horse at all, prayers for her to please stay strong and healthy under the cruel onslaught of her third pregnancy, etc. Plus one person who, while not minding breeding her, suggested the gelding Mine that Bird as her next mate.

Sigh. . .

9 members found this post helpful.

Here's a nice breakdown:
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blo..._We_Expect_123

Looks to be an interesting cross.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Here's a nice breakdown:
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blo..._We_Expect_123

Looks to be an interesting cross.
    Interesting!
    Conformation wise, he seems to be quite solid, thicker than Bernardini. They may produce quite the big strong beast. I haven't seen his height mentioned anywhere..

It'll be fun to see what her first three look like when they are 3yr olds.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post

Reading comments on her Facebook update is enough to make your eyes bleed, though. All sorts of people freaking out about how they should give her a rest, give her another "job" for variety and only make her be a broodmare part time, how this means she can't nurse her current colt, "won't she ever get a chance to just dance and prance?", the owners only care about the money and don't regard the horse at all, prayers for her to please stay strong and healthy under the cruel onslaught of her third pregnancy, etc. Plus one person who, while not minding breeding her, suggested the gelding Mine that Bird as her next mate.

Sigh. . .
    Yes, it is so terribly UNNATURAL for mares to breed and foal, isn't it? The Moss' are clearly out of their minds and care nothing about her.

In the photos I've seen, she looks like a very content mare.

Rachel Alexandra is a different situation altogether. I hope Stonestreet doesn't try her again.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Yes, it is so terribly UNNATURAL for mares to breed and foal, isn't it? The Moss' are clearly out of their minds and care nothing about her.

In the photos I've seen, she looks like a very content mare.

Rachel Alexandra is a different situation altogether. I hope Stonestreet doesn't try her again.
    Yep. Zenyatta's healthy and that's pretty much what one does with mares. It's not like she hasn't earned her keep and NEEDS some sort of "job".

With R.A. there is clearly something wrong there and I hope they stop.

Sigh. . .
    I remember that one. I replied to her.

The one that ticked me off was the moron who suggested that Zenyatta's connections weren't worthy of her. Boy, did I have something to say in response.

4 members found this post helpful.

Reading comments on her Facebook update is enough to make your eyes bleed, though.
    While I didn't look at the Facebook remarks the ones even on the zenyatta.com site echo the same. In all honesty I'd be apprehensive to own a horse which fell into the cult of following by "fans". Most of them are obviously just appreciative folks, but there is a pronounced and group which are whacked out. The internet certainly brings out some of the krazies and their need to voice their remarks.

What is always amusing are those who love a horse (because of their racing feats) yet are quick to say they hate racing and wish they weren't racing. So how, pray tell, would X horse have become notable outside of someone's paddock if not for racing? Nuts.
    Last edited by Glimmerglass; Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

I like the ones who were making death threats against Blame (because he beat their beloved Zenyatta). That is just

War Front's looking smarter and smarter after two sons dominated yesterday at Royal Ascot!

I only just got around to looking at her 2013 Tapit foal, and wow! That is one solid looking baby. Plus, even in photographs he really projects (to mem anyway) confidence. Z looks like a wonderful mother.

I haven't followed the story with R.A. What appears to be wrong?

If I'm remembering my details straight, and please correct me if I'm not, RA with her first foal last year, the colt, had a lot of discomfort afterwards and was sent to the horse hospital for pain control and observation for a few days. This year, she had a filly. She went septic shortly after delivery. Turned out to have bruised her colon during delivery, which damage became "leaky", and she had a life-threatening infection develop in her abdomen. Couple of different surgeries and drainages, hospitalized for weeks. Easily could have died. Her filly, of course, was taken from her and put on a nurse mare. RA wasn't bred this year; she was busy fighting to live. Apparently doing okay now and back at her farm.

Both her colt and the filly, from different sires, were very large foals. RA is not a large mare (unlike Zenyatta).

I'm sure they have a whole lot more information than we do just as fans and lots of expert advice, but after 2 for 2 years of problems requiring hospitalization and the mare nearly dying this year, I'd really question breeding her again if she were mine. She'd love the Kentucky Horse Park.

I'm sure they have a whole lot more information than we do just as fans and lots of expert advice, but after 2 for 2 years of problems requiring hospitalization and the mare nearly dying this year, I'd really question breeding her again if she were mine. She'd love the Kentucky Horse Park.
    Especially as someone said on the relevant thread her dam also had issues foaling.