The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just PM'ed Micro, but I have a home here for her. I also have a vet assistant friend in the area who is willing to go check her out and see what her condition is, if need be. We have a field set up for her, until we can determine if she is UTD on shots or until we can get her there. Once there she's agreed to bring her a buddy until we can get her to fightin' weight. I have truck/trailer lined up and can go all the way, but it would be a bit easier if I can meet halfway, as hubby isn't sure he can get time off work.

Just waiting for the green light from Micro tomorrow.

ETA: Just wanted to add, I am happy to show any COTHers around where she would be staying, and they can check out my horses to be sure they are all in great (or in Herself's case..a touch round) shape and to verify my realness... it is the internets after all.
    Last edited by Superminion; May. 29, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

4 members found this post helpful.

Hope all goes well. I can send a small dribble if there's a Paypal address.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm always good for a dribble. Just PM me with a PayPal address when you get one.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

You guys are awesome!

I can't look at the photo. How tall is the horse? I might have some gear I can send like sheets, etc. that sort of stuff depending on what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I just PM'ed Micro, but I have a home here for her. I also have a vet assistant friend in the area who is willing to go check her out and see what her condition is, if need be. We have a field set up for her, until we can determine if she is UTD on shots or until we can get her there. Once there she's agreed to bring her a buddy until we can get her to fightin' weight. I have truck/trailer lined up and can go all the way, but it would be a bit easier if I can meet halfway, as hubby isn't sure he can get time off work.

Just waiting for the green light from Micro tomorrow.

ETA: Just wanted to add, I am happy to show any COTHers around where she would be staying, and they can check out my horses to be sure they are all in great (or in Herself's case..a touch round) shape and to verify my realness... it is the internets after all.
    You are a rock star!
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Oh, my. I'd loff to get my mitts on that darlin'!! My sort of deal!! Of course, I don't think she'd make it all the way over here, but, back in the day...*sigh*... If someone goes about it right, this little Appy would be a tough little mutha. I think she's a varnish Appy, too.

Right at the moment I can't do anything to help money-wise. If something does change, I'll be happy to dribble also. Sorry about that, feel bad about it but already have money going various spots.
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

We moved this thread here to Giveaways and wanted to post a reminder that we only allow fundraising on the site for 501c3 charitable organizations. So, if AC is involved, it would be absolutely fine to organize and solicit monetary donations here. We do allow requests for Giveaway items in a limited capacity here in the Giveaways forums, so if these horse does end up in a better situation and is in need of supplies, feel free to discuss that here as well.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    We moved this thread here to Giveaways and wanted to post a reminder that we only allow fundraising on the site for 501c3 charitable organizations. So, if AC is involved, it would be absolutely fine to organize and solicit monetary donations here. We do allow requests for Giveaway items in a limited capacity here in the Giveaways forums, so if these horse does end up in a better situation and is in need of supplies, feel free to discuss that here as well.

Thanks,
    Mod 1
    Nowhere did I ask for funds. I'm simply trying to network some help for her. Honestly I was hoping someone would just go get her. If people offer to contribute of their own volition, does that constitute 'fund raising?

My apologies in any case.

5 members found this post helpful.

Progress is being made. Transporting out of state isn't legal. Will update soon.
    Where the short cows roam.

War veteran

Great news! Here is the email I got back from the AC investigator:

Thank You for your concern for the horses!

I am attaching a current photo of the Horse mentioned in this email.

As you can see his body condition is much improved. The craigslist photo is an old photo.

The gray horse in your other photo/email is no longer on the property and was placed with a new owner.

The gray horse was under vet care while under this person's care.
    We have been monitoring these horses under case number #

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

War veteran

So it sounds like the person placing the ads used old photos....trying to get sympathy from people so her horses place quicker maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    Who /what makes you the authority on this ? Glad the mare might be getting help but dear lord learn some manners.
    Manners? What was posted was all that was neeed without handholding. The authorities were proceeding with this as obviously a seizure so all the hand wringing and speculating would stop. You want pretty please with sugar on top? Unreal. There are rescues every minute of the day, if you want more drama go locate another one on Craigslist.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    So it sounds like the person placing the ads used old photos....trying to get sympathy from people so her horses place quicker maybe?
    Yes.
    But the fact remains they STILL NEED A HOME.
    If AC is monitoring them, are they able to be moved privately? Wouldnt' AC take possession if they knew the owner is trying to unload them for free?

My radar's up. I just want this horse to have a good home. Sooner rather than later.

Default Doubt she rescued them...more like put them in rescue-needing condition

Let's guess these aren't rescues...Someone who rescues horses usually makes sure they have the time and resources first. I'm sure it's her "lack of time" that's got them in this condition. Poor things!

I'm in for financial help if someone can take either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansena View Post
    Yes.
    But the fact remains they STILL NEED A HOME.
    And now that AC is involved they are not allowed to go out of state....(per what was posted above) which limits the options.

I would think that a horse would be easier to give away with a picture showing it is in better condition. And Clay County or Florida does not allow a horse to be bought, for a dollar, and rehomed out of state? If the horse is in the custody of the state or county it is one thing, but that horse is on private land and owned by a private owner. Unless there is a court order, the horse can get a health certificate from a vet, and come on through GA & SC on her way to KY.

How can AC prevent a horse from being moved out of state if AC hasn't seized it/ Is there a court order? And so has the owner been told he cannot give away the horse?

The ad is from May 15th. The horses are in New homes and are improving

War veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    I would think that a horse would be easier to give away with a picture showing it is in better condition. And Clay County or Florida does not allow a horse to be bought, for a dollar, and rehomed out of state? If the horse is in the custody of the state or county it is one thing, but that horse is on private land and owned by a private owner. Unless there is a court order, the horse can get a health certificate from a vet, and come on through GA & SC on her way to KY.

How can AC prevent a horse from being moved out of state if AC hasn't seized it/ Is there a court order? And so has the owner been told he cannot give away the horse?
    Just to clarify, it is illegal to transport a horse out of Florida without a health certificate and Coggins. They will stop you at the border. A vet would be reluctant to grant a HC to horse in as dire condition as the mare was. You may transport a horse directly to a rescue within the state.

War veteran

The mare wasn't going immediately out of state. She was going to a local farm until she was vet cleared and ready to make the trip. Now you're saying this woman no longer has the horse?