The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,467

    Default Bag o bones, free on CL. Jacksonville area... Someone plz help!



    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #2

    Default

    Apparently this person thinks "not hands-on at all" means "doesn't even need to be fed!".



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,013

    Default

    Can someone take her? I'm in for a dribble if they can.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Bump?



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2004
    Location
    Pottstown, PA (East Coventry)
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    I am good for a dribble.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar. 12, 2006
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    This is the thinnest horse I've ever seen that is still alive. The backbone on this horse literally makes me cry looking at it. I'm in for a dribble if someone there can either take it or facilitate euthanasia.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul. 2, 2003
    Location
    Woodland, Ca
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    The ad says the horse was a rescue, so maybe the curent owner wasn't the problem.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug. 9, 2007
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    She's grey. Everyone (but me) wants a grey horse!

    OK who was it who said she'd take the Tenn TWH? Isn't she in Jax? The TWH isn't going there, so maybe she can take this one? Greys are in demand, and with some weight on her, she should be able to find a home.

    I'm in for monetary help. Just paid some for the TWH and the 2 Texas horses, but can give money on this one Friday or Saturday when pension is automatically deposited. (Thank you Fulton County taxpayers.)



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,447

    Default

    Good lord. I like my horses thin, not Auschwitz-emaciated. Who takes on a rescue for which they "don't have time?" (To do what? Feed it?)


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2010
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This is the thinnest horse I've ever seen that is still alive. The backbone on this horse literally makes me cry looking at it. I'm in for a dribble if someone there can either take it or facilitate euthanasia.
    Amen to that! I've never seen such a thin horse either. I wonder if "not hands on at all" means the horse is wild?

    Is anyone calling on this horse? Way too far away for me...



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2010
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    *bump*



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    I literally said “Oh my god” out loud when I clicked that link.

    Honestly, given her condition, I am surprised to see this horse is able to stand.

    An Appy to boot – poor thing.

    (I am pretty sure she is a varnish roan appaloosa and not a grey)

    Same seller has another rescued Appaloosa for sale:

    http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/3728794982.html


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2004
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Someone posted that on FB and it took my breath away too. I don't understand the current circumstances at all, but hope someone has a heart and takes her in.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,262

    Default

    In that ad she says she got him as a rescue in November and has been riding it. Oh my. The second one is not as skinny as the first but certainly not a healthy weight and for sure not at a weight where it should be ridden.

    The owner has had them for six months, well past the time they should look better than they did when they were rescued.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,831

    Default

    That breaks my heart. I bet that poor soul wouldn't survive rehab. Unfortunately I don't have any extra to send but I can help spread the word around.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2004
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    In that ad she says she got him as a rescue in November and has been riding it. Oh my. The second one is not as skinny as the first but certainly not a healthy weight and for sure not at a weight where it should be ridden.

    The owner has had them for six months, well past the time they should look better than they did when they were rescued.
    I think you're looking at a different ad. This one says nothing about riding and it's only one horse.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    11,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starhouse View Post
    Apparently this person thinks "not hands-on at all" means "doesn't even need to be fed!".
    MY lord how in good conscience can someone even post those pictures.
    Need weight?? Most of the horse is missing.
    Lord I wish I could save some. Looks to be a TB?
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    I think you're looking at a different ad. This one says nothing about riding and it's only one horse.
    I am looking at a different ad, the one Appsolute posted above my post that Appsolute said was by the same person as the skinny horse in the OP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    I literally said “Oh my god” out loud when I clicked that link.

    Honestly, given her condition, I am surprised to see this horse is able to stand.

    An Appy to boot – poor thing.

    (I am pretty sure she is a varnish roan appaloosa and not a grey)

    Same seller has another rescued Appaloosa for sale:

    http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/3728794982.html



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr. 26, 2000
    Posts
    3,147

    Default

    More evidence of why some people just need to be slapped.

    With a folding chair.

    I'm too far and couldn't squeeze in a guinea pig around here but count me in for some nickels and dimes...


    1 members found this post helpful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2004
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I am looking at a different ad, the one Appsolute posted above my post that Appsolute said was by the same person as the skinny horse in the OP.


    I man....I didn't catch that. It makes it doubly depressing.



Similar Threads

  1. Free Groom Available - SF Bay Area
    By Appsolute in forum Eventing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul. 11, 2010, 05:05 PM
  2. Looking for a "nurse mare" in NE Florida / Jacksonville area
    By sfstable in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar. 26, 2010, 11:40 AM
  3. Jacksonville Fl Area Horse Stuff
    By sandhillfarm in forum Off Course
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2010, 12:24 PM
  4. Jacksonville Fl Area Horse Stuff
    By sandhillfarm in forum Driving
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan. 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
  5. Jacksonville Fl Area Horse Stuff
    By sandhillfarm in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan. 6, 2010, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness