The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Bammy and Billary, international arms dealers, arming al-qaeda.. Yup sounds about right.

2 members found this post helpful.

I hope you are not posting this as a credible source?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    You know what is another fault in Obamacare? " you can not be dropped by your insurance company because a preexisting condition etc."
    Well not only can you but they are quite happy to with little or no notice AND this is a Gov. insurance ( Tricare). The one that you pay for not the one come with AD service. Got the notice last week that my coverage was I don't recall the wordage but basically ended back in Jan. Even though my preiumums have been paid on the first of every month etc.

They have not ended Dh, or Ds just mine I called to ask is this typo or something. They said no. When I asked why then was I cancelled I was told" this a new policy of theirs to comply with the new health care law.. I was to expensive and will be a continual drain on the tax payor, and I can check out my states high risk pool and pay the preimuum that will cover my illness with a premium closer to what the regular person would pay." Never mind that none of my preexisting conditions are covered ( I checked) and it would cost me more $$ then Dh and I make a year..
    Amazing how a little insurance reform can be so helpful. Imagine what a nightmare it would be if the actual insurance companies had the power to dictate your healthcare when they profit from you receiving less healthcare ? That could really put people's healthcare in jeopardy and might even bankrupt people if they were dropped form their health insurance policy for actually needing to use it....Wow, so glad that that we have the GOP to fight to have the insurance companies back to dropping those that need care and having the insurance companies making sure that you don't overwhelm their profit margain.....Delusional thinking at it's best, only from the new GOP....
    Last edited by stolen virtue; May. 30, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

9 members found this post helpful.

sunny59, It explains why they weren't rescued. Re-enforcements shot down with our own weapons on the eve of an election where the campaign mantra is al queda has been rocked back on its heels would have been very problematic.

Here is information about our involvement in weapons trading.
    And more

This
    corroborates the issue regarding Hamm.
    We all know what happened to Petraeus.
    It's the only explanation I'm aware of that makes sense.

But perhaps you prefer the scenario that this was about a youtube video and the Obama White House left them there to die. That's their story, right? But what difference does it make?
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Amazing how a little insurance reform can be so helpful. Imagine what a nightmare it would be if the actual insurance companies had the power to dictate your healthcare when they profit from you receiving less healthcare ? That could really put people's healthcare in jeopardy and might even bankrupt people if they were dropped form their health insurance policy for actually needing to use it....Wow, so glad that that we have the GOP to fight to have the insurance companies back to dropping those that need care and having the insurance companies making sure that you don't overwhelm their profit margain.....Delusional thinking at it's best, only from the new GOP....
    Funny how I never had this problem under any of the previous admin. GOP or not. And yes I have had plenty of preext. conditions then also. And before Tricare was under some mandate (of which I do not know what it was called) to take all who qualtify despite preex. conditions.
    But since the advent of obabmacare they can and do pick and choose which one they wish to keep? I wonder what would happen if ( and it would be a large chance as DH is now in a nondeployable unit) dh was to get deployed for more than 30days... would they continue to deny my coverage?

And you know what about 15ish yrs ago my mother was issued an insurance policy AFTER a transplant. The only reason the policy was dropped was because my mother died. I the premimium was 300$mth. She also had other preex. conditions. I wonder how she would have been treated now under obamacare? Been shifted to the states high risk pool? And over charged for coverage that dosent cover her main preex. condition? OR the meds that goes along with it..

So blaming the GOP dosent fly blame the guy who is office who is responsible for the faulty bill which HE pushed though congress that no one read.
    Friend of bar .ka

2 members found this post helpful.

There are really a lot of questions that need to be answered about Benghazi. There were around 30 some people on the ground there. Who are they and why have they been silent? Why have they not been made available to congress for questioning?

Why was there no help sent? Who gave the orders to stand down? The flimsy excuse that there wasn't time doesn't wash. They had absolutely no idea how long the attack would last.

Just exactly where was the President???? He was briefed around 5 p.m. and then went to his residence. Evidently the only person he talked to was Hillary around 10 p.m. No contact with the sec of defense or the joint chiefs or the cia director????? No pictures of him in the situation room being "on top of the situation" like the Osama Bin Laden escapade? Did he just go to bed to get a good night's sleep for his speechifying and fundraising in Las Vegas the next morning?

Dealing in arms does seem to be the only plausible answer.

I'm still haunted at the thought of Americans expecting the calvary to arrive, only to be left twisting in the wind by an ineffective, evasive administration.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Another drip. Seems the unions have discovered they're extremely unhappy with implementing Obamacare. It appears that "if you like your insurance you can keep it, and if you like your doctor you can keep him" ain't necessarily so. They're starting a major "pushback" and the roofing union advocates for repealing Obamacare.
    I would love to see some actual statistics that back up this "seems like". I am a "show me" kind of person. Until I get actual facts, I am a non-believer.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Remember that Obamacare was passed in the dark of night, with backroom deals, on a partisan vote and based on lies and misconceptions and even at that time more than half of the population didn't want it. Now we'll be feeling the repercussions. The latest estimate is that 75% of the population will be adversely affected. Everyone I know has had their insurance increase drastically. My Florida farrier said his insurance went up, deductible went from $500. to $6,000, copays went up and it didn't cover as much as the previous year. He was searching for different coverage from a different carrier, but hadn't had any luck with that. Max Baucus (one of the architects) is not running for reelection because he says the implementation is going to be a trainwreck. He doesn't want to deal with the backlash. Drip.
    Once again, could you support your statements with actual facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Obamacare is actually population control in disguise. Delay or deny treatment and hasten death, especially among the elderly. After all, they've been forced to pay into the pot for decades and now that they're retired they're strictly overhead. Bump 'em off early and save not only on medical payments, but also Social (in)Security.

And with those 16,000 new IRS goons Obamacare is funding at the helm, it'll be an easy task to accomplish, as anyone who has gone through an IRS audit well knows.
    Facts to support your statements please?

WHERE are they showing up? Please support your statement with facts. It is so easy to say things that, under examination, contain little or no facts that stand up to the light of day. The link you provided is the eTrade baby. Not exactly a corroborating statement.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    Funny how I never had this problem under any of the previous admin. GOP or not. And yes I have had plenty of preext. conditions then also. And before Tricare was under some mandate (of which I do not know what it was called) to take all who qualtify despite preex. conditions.
    But since the advent of obabmacare they can and do pick and choose which one they wish to keep? I wonder what would happen if ( and it would be a large chance as DH is now in a nondeployable unit) dh was to get deployed for more than 30days... would they continue to deny my coverage?

So blaming the GOP dosent fly blame the guy who is office who is responsible for the faulty bill which HE pushed though congress that no one read.
    Bumknees- do you live more than 40 miles from a military treatment facility?

yes the closet one is about 150 miles from me.
    Friend of bar .ka

This might be part of the problem: http://militaryadvantage.military.co...tricare-prime/ Crazy stuff...

Maybe if I was on prime but I wasn't, I was on standard. Also known as reserve select or something like that the one for the the people and families of guard and reserve members.
    They were more than happy to continue to to cover mt dh and ds just not me. This is not the first time this has happened with me when dealing
    Our with the military health. It happened when dh was AD Navy and his CO stated that my medical problems would be a continual strain on the naval health system, so they have no choice but to put dh out of the Navy. We fought it and won. But we shouldn't have had to ass I was not using the navy medical but Army in a whole different state. What I had to do to keep him in no one should should have to do. To at I reached high on the totem pole would be putting it mildly.

e
    Friend of bar .ka