The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drip....drip....drip...

It seems that every day new information arrives concerning either the White House or the DOJ.

I don't know if any of you remember or not, but a couple years ago the Gibson guitar company was raided by virtually a swat team, with weapons, and all the personnel were herded out in the parking lot while they absconded with their shipments of rosewood, imported, and tons of records and legal documents. The factories had to shut down for over a month (and of course all the employees went without their wages). The owner of Gibson was(is) a huge republican supporter. There was absolutely nothing illegal done by the Gibson guitar company. All their paperwork was in order, but some kind of error was done by the exporter. It cost them over 2 million in legal fees and tons of harrassment. I heard today that this will now be legally investigated, in light of recent developments. And, by the way, Martin guitars (owner a big democrat donor) received a letter reguarding the same infraction.

10 members found this post helpful.

Another drip. Seems the unions have discovered they're extremely unhappy with implementing Obamacare. It appears that "if you like your insurance you can keep it, and if you like your doctor you can keep him" ain't necessarily so. They're starting a major "pushback" and the roofing union advocates for repealing Obamacare.

8 members found this post helpful.

And, I was so excited when I thought this would be about a leaky faucet.

27 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    And, I was so excited when I thought this would be about a leaky faucet.

1 members found this post helpful.

You know what is another fault in Obamacare? " you can not be dropped by your insurance company because a preexisting condition etc."
    Well not only can you but they are quite happy to with little or no notice AND this is a Gov. insurance ( Tricare). The one that you pay for not the one come with AD service. Got the notice last week that my coverage was I don't recall the wordage but basically ended back in Jan. Even though my preiumums have been paid on the first of every month etc.

They have not ended Dh, or Ds just mine I called to ask is this typo or something. They said no. When I asked why then was I cancelled I was told" this a new policy of theirs to comply with the new health care law.. I was to expensive and will be a continual drain on the tax payor, and I can check out my states high risk pool and pay the preimuum that will cover my illness with a premium closer to what the regular person would pay." Never mind that none of my preexisting conditions are covered ( I checked) and it would cost me more $$ then Dh and I make a year..
    Friend of bar .ka

4 members found this post helpful.

Remember that Obamacare was passed in the dark of night, with backroom deals, on a partisan vote and based on lies and misconceptions and even at that time more than half of the population didn't want it. Now we'll be feeling the repercussions. The latest estimate is that 75% of the population will be adversely affected. Everyone I know has had their insurance increase drastically. My Florida farrier said his insurance went up, deductible went from $500. to $6,000, copays went up and it didn't cover as much as the previous year. He was searching for different coverage from a different carrier, but hadn't had any luck with that. Max Baucus (one of the architects) is not running for reelection because he says the implementation is going to be a trainwreck. He doesn't want to deal with the backlash. Drip.

9 members found this post helpful.

Obamacare is actually population control in disguise. Delay or deny treatment and hasten death, especially among the elderly. After all, they've been forced to pay into the pot for decades and now that they're retired they're strictly overhead. Bump 'em off early and save not only on medical payments, but also Social (in)Security.

And with those 16,000 new IRS goons Obamacare is funding at the helm, it'll be an easy task to accomplish, as anyone who has gone through an IRS audit well knows.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

7 members found this post helpful.

Drip...More and more democrats and left leaning pundits are calling for Holder's resignation.

5 members found this post helpful.

Drip....Congress has subpoenaed the State Department for the 25,000 documents related to the attack on Benghazi.

If I send a plumber will you stop?

19 members found this post helpful.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Obamacare is actually population control in disguise. Delay or deny treatment and hasten death, especially among the elderly. After all, they've been forced to pay into the pot for decades and now that they're retired they're strictly overhead. Bump 'em off early and save not only on medical payments, but also Social (in)Security.

And with those 16,000 new IRS goons Obamacare is funding at the helm, it'll be an easy task to accomplish, as anyone who has gone through an IRS audit well knows.
    Now I am an admitted news junkie, but I have to confess that this is the first time I have seen an opinion that Ocare is population control in disguise. Hmmmm.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Now I am an admitted news junkie, but I have to confess that this is the first time I have seen an opinion that Ocare is population control in disguise. Hmmmm.
    I'm shocked that people actually think this. And I don't believe that this is the first time you heard this Noms. Weren't you complaining about "death panels" in the past? They're gonna get you!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I'm shocked that people actually think this. And I don't believe that this is the first time you heard this Noms. Weren't you complaining about "death panels" in the past? They're gonna get you!
    Can you read? Now just where did I say that I thought this about Ocare? Where???

How do you know what I know and when I know it.. Good god.

Can you read? Now just where did I say that I thought this about Ocare? Where???

How do you know what I know and when I know it.. Good god.
    How do you know what I know and when I know it.. Good god.[/QUOTE]Oh brother, Noms. You are the most predictable poster on OT day, insults and all. You've complained about Obamacare and the administration on every OT day since you joined the board (and you stand out to people because you pretty much only post on OT day). That's how I know what you know. You post all the time on OT day.

4 members found this post helpful.

J-Lu,, nice to have followers on OT.

Hahahaha, when you have a logical rebuttal to this topic,, feel free to come back at me.

J-Lu,, nice to have followers on OT.

Hahahaha, when you have a logical rebuttal to this topic,, feel free to come back at me.
    No one follows you. We come across you on otherwise good threads and feel compelled to tell you how immature your posts are. You've never shown logic in your responses - see your first response to me. Until you can contribute logical thoughts in an adult way, people will continue to look at you the way they currently look at you. Your posts speak for themselves, and many of us remember your posts, even if you do not.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    No one follows you. We come across you on otherwise good threads and feel compelled to tell you how immature your posts are. You've never shown logic in your responses - see your first response to me. Until you can contribute logical thoughts in an adult way, people will continue to look at you the way they currently look at you. Your posts speak for themselves, and many of us remember your posts, even if you do not.

Exactly, Noms.

2 members found this post helpful.

Minnie, I think the title of this thread should be changed to gush, gush, gush....

I think that the timing of the IRS scandal was stategic, in that it diverted attention away from Benghazi.. Where are the survivors? Where is Petraeus?