The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RIP PineTree Farm aka Sally Rosenberg

Sally passed away unexpectedly on Sunday.

I'm still in shock.

Sally was involved in h/js, especially on Long Island for many decades and was show secretary for many shows on LI.

She was also my very dear friend, partner-in-crime and huge supporter/fan of Cyriz's.

She will be missed more than I can say.

RIP Sally.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

So sorry of your loss. Many hugs.

So sorry to hear this.

I am so shocked, and so very, very sad. Sally was extremely kind & encouraging to me, and very generous with her time.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

So sorry!! God's Speed!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and horse-campadre. Best wishes to her family and friends.
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

I'm so sorry to hear this! Condolences to all who knew her.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

I am so sorry to hear this news! I'm especially sad for you, Cyriz's Mom...and for all those who were close to her.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

There is nothing so difficult as an unexpected loss of a friend and loved one.

Sending condolences to all who loved her.

Hugs and prayers go out to all her family and friends. {{{HUGS}}}
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Sending hugs and prayers to those who loved her.....

I'm so sorry.
    Randee Beckman ~Otteridge Farm, LLC (http://on.fb.me/1iJEqvR)~ Marketing Manager - The Clothes Horse

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Sympathy and condolences to her family and friends.

She was definitely a Cy fan and will be missed here as well.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I am so very sorry to hear of Sally's passing. Sally and I competed together as juniors, and she was my maid of honor at my wedding in '68. We hadn't seen each other for so many years, until 2005. Sally went with me to a horse show with my "Sparkle" and also to her inspection. Then I made the trip to Texas with her to see Cyriz and she bought Sydeways. I had not seen Sally since 2005. Although she was at Warrenton last year when I was there, she didn't stop to say hi. Too late now.

Sally and I were still too competitive and she poked at me for showing in Hunter Breeding. Age does slow one down.

How uncanny that on Sunday, I searched COTH and saw that Sally had not posted in a while. I feared that she had taken ill. She was a very heavy smoker. My premonition shocked me when I saw this thread.

RIP Sally, hope you were reunited with your wonderful "Charlemayne."

Sorry for your loss Cyriz Mom, hope her horses will be taken care of.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

I will also miss her and had missed her posts. I only knew her from these forums, but enjoyed and respected her contributions, especially on all related to TB's. So sorry she is gone, and condolences to all fortunate enough to have known her and her horses in the "real" as well as virtual world.

I enjoyed her posts as well, condolences to her family and friends. She will be a loss to this community, that's for sure.

shf - I am sorry that you feel a condolence thread is a place to air hurt feelings. Yes, we saw you across the ring at Warrenton and no we didn't hike around to say "hi". Of course, neither did you.

Sally was a breast cancer survivor of almost 8 yrs. She had some health issues due to the side effects of the chemo. However, in the 8 yrs. I knew her, I never knew her to smoke and again, if she did in the past, why mention it now.

I hope that the little barbs in your post on this forum and on the h/j thread make you feel better and you're happy you got the last word in.

Sally lived almost all her life on LI and made the decision to move to Aiken a couple years ago. Honestly, I was a bit concerned about her making such a huge change alone. Silly me! I was in awe of the way she adapted and jumped into all things horsey in Aiken...polo matches, breakfast at the track grill, the h/j shows, relearning how to drive, taking a master gardener class at the college, all while continuing to show secretary and keep points on LI. I think she had driven back and forth about six times already this year to see Charlie show and to work a show.

She was a wealth of information on the history of the h/j world in the Northeast for the last 30 or 40 years.

I hope you all will forgive me for my comments to shf...there was a lot of history between the two of them and it just really bothered me that she would take this opportunity to make unnecessary comments after Sally's passing.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

As others have said, losing a loved one and friend unexpectedly is so difficult. I am so very sorry. My condolences to all who knew and loved her.

Cyriz Mom, I was NOT using the thread to do anything more than say I was very sorry to hear Sally had died. Especially, since I had just thought about her on Sunday, which is uncanny, isn't it?

There was NOT alot of "history" between Sally and I. I have lost someone I knew through the 60's and early 70s, and met again in 2005.

I lived on Long Island until 1988 when I bought my farm in Maryland, which Sally was invited to visit in 2005.

Perhaps she stopped smoking after our visit to your farm in 2005, she was smoking heavily at that point, and had been a chain smoker in the 60s.

Sally was not a customer of mine, as horses are a hobby for me, but she was someone I knew. AND, yes, I feel very sad that she is gone.

There was no barb or ill feelings expressed in my post, only those you choose to read into it.

Again: RIP Sally
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

1 members found this post helpful.

SHF... I don't know anyone involved beyond this forum, and that was how I read it as well. So I don't mean to be contrary but you may want to reread your post with fresh eyes, I think it was less her reading into it than your, unintentional as it may be, tone.