The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Well that did not go the way I thought it would

Took Miss Mare to her first outing since having EPM 2 years ago. A very small barn show at a friends place. The week before my coach suggests that as homework I work on more prompt canter departs. Which I did twice. Well they work now! In the arena: me "trot circle now" Miss Mare "CANTER yay!" Me "no trot" Miss Mare trots 2 steps then canter again. Repeat for 2 training level tests. But it gets better when we are supposed to canter what do we do? Buck hop kick out and canter in place. Came very close to the chain arena more than once
    After tests poor judge said she was so irregular it looked like she was lame. Had me do several 20m circles with various rein and head positions if we went on very long rein we were fine.
    Got her home to find out she is very much in heat which might explain the kicking out, bucking exibition we gave the crowd.
    We had chiro out last month said she was fine best he's seen. Saddle fitter is due in 2 weeks. I had someone taking pictures for me I will see if she got any good ones of us getting air time.
    Mares gotta love them

When it all turns to mud, tell yourself it was a great learning experience. LOL
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

2 members found this post helpful.

i brought my horse out to ride today, at home, nowhere special, at home in the indoor, it was raining, and you would have thought that she had never learned a thing in the whole six months since i started her. sigh

sometimes we just have those days to work through

So the next one just has to be better, right? Now you can relax.

Quote Originally Posted by sevensprings View Post
    So the next one just has to be better, right? Now you can relax.
    Yes we only wanted to support the local show so we did that AND entertained the parents of the pony riders