The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Road test to get your drivers license, keeping nerves at bay???

FINALLY going to get (hopefully) my license this week, I'm getting quite nervous about it (way more then at horse shows) and wondering how others kept the nerves under control and if anyone has any tips?
    And yes, I am an adult but haven't needed to get my license until now and I really, REALLY don't want to fail!!! and I really dont want to have to go back to the DMV anytime soon either!
    Thanks!
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

I just got mine last Tuesday! I practiced and practiced and finally passed the 4th time. I made sure to drive around the morning of the test and conspicuously look when turning and changing lanes.

Good luck! (I'm 40, btw)

1 members found this post helpful.

You will be fine! I had to retake the driving portion when I lived in TX and my PA drivers license expired. I was in line with hordes of 15 year olds. My test driver said I was one of the best drivers he tested. As I was in my 30s I said "I hope so!!!!". Even if you're a new driver, just know the rules of the road, "look" (I always turn my head and look, I don't trust my mirrors), come to full stops and look left, right, left again before turning, etc. Make sure you can parallel park. Look for and do the speed limit. You will be fine!!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for your kind words! I have been practicing for awhile, so I SHOULD be able to pass...
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406