The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mad Men fans check in here

So what do you think of Season 6 so far?

I have belatedly discovered the Tom and Lorenzo blogs on MM, and their insight into the fashion is making me love the show more than ever. (Mad Style)

My friends and I are speculating that someone will become a drug addict, maybe Betty, and that all the flashbacks into Don's whorehouse past are leading to a sex crime, possibly murder.

Personally, I want to kill off Meghan. But I love her mother. Offering her Mother's Day flowers to the neighbor: "I'm quite done with them."
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

1 members found this post helpful.

ME ME ME!

I'm kind of confused by this season, actually. Obviously a ton brewing and a lot of change going on which I'd read last season was the plan to reflect the time period they are in now.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST WEEK

I was really unnerved by Don's reaction to being dumped by the neighbor. SO very unlike the Don we've come to know and love. Obviously he's changing some how, but I can't see where are going with it!

I'm not a Megan fan either. Never cared for her and wish she'd go bye bye. I know it's shallow and mean, but I can't look away from her teeth. Sweetie could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

Holy cow, has Sally turned into a BEAUTIFUL young lady or what!!!!!

Bring on tonights episode! I'm ready.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I think this season is fantastic! I think Don will off himself in the end (maybe not this season) or someone will do it for him. I love him, though, and Roger and Stan. And I love Betty, Peggy, and Joan. I love to hate Megan and Pete. Such a great show!
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

First off - "AMC" is running a "Mad Men" marathon starting at 1:30 p.m. today. A sort of catch-up of all the previous 2013 episodes. Already have my dvr set!!

Also must join the intense dislike of Megan brigade. The character is whiney, shallow, self-centered, & has no acting talent. And while I don't know if the actress playing the part is whiney, shallow, or self-centered, she unfortunately has no acting talent either. Can't believe they couldn't find anyone else to cast in that part. I keep hoping Don will wise up & dump her (let's face it, he's already lost interest), or there'll be a murder or something. There's only one more season to go after this one, so they'll have to have something cataclysmic happen to tie things up.

And while I know that Don would never fall for plebian Peggy, I was always kind of hoping he & Joan would get together. Can you just imagine how that would sit with Roger? Lol!

And yes - "Sally" has definitely come into her own. I didn't like the character at all during her chubby, bratty days, but she's now become a likeable, intelligent, mature individual. Wonder if they'll ever show more of the other two kids. Oddly enough, they've never really had anything centered around "Bobby", apart from his breaking the stereo back in the early days.

I love Megan! Never cared for Betty. And I thought for a minute there maybe Don had met someone he could be satisfied with FINALLY. Unlikely, and not to be.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Mad Men fan right here!!

When I first watched the season premiere, episodes 1 and 2, I was ready to be done with the show. I HATED those two episodes so much. There was only one good quotable line in the 2 hours I watched it; it bored me to tears. Decided to give it one more shot...

Sooooo glad I did. I'm also really surprised by Don's reaction, but I am LOVING the back story that's being woven through about his childhood and early teen years. Lots of insight there (and it isn't being spelled out, either!).

I'm so eager for tonight's episode (especially since I can stay up and watch it without worrying about getting to work on time!).
    Boston Strong

Founding member of the Wheat Loss Clique!

OMG MEGHAN'S TEETH! But, her parents are such great characters, and her mom has such great lines. "She's the apple in the pig's mouth." (About the wife of the Jaguar creep)

I have always loved Sally Draper. Age wise, she's a little older than I am, so I have relived much of my childhood through her.

And, despite the era in which it is set, MM has such a feminist sensibility. The women are real characters. The show is telling the story of what women's lives were like back then.

And I agree, Don's about to snap.

Does anyone else read TLo?

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/category/television
    A helmet saved my life.

who is the guy that Joan sleeps with to get a partnership?

Someone please kill off Meghan, cannot stand her, she has no personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastile View Post
    One of the owners of a large local midtown Jaguar dealership, who not-so-subtley implies that he can kabosh the agency from getting the Jaguar account unless Joan does the dirty deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastile View Post
    Herb

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/05...her-woman.html
    A helmet saved my life.

Big fan here, and also of TLo from my Project Runway obsession days, when they were Project Rungay. They have since branched out to cover other TV shows.

Never thought to compare myself in actual age to anyone on the series. I am a 1951 model, so would be a bit older than Sally.

Loved the last episode where Sally realized she knew so little about her father that they could have had a black grandmother and not know it.

Also a big Roger fan, as well as Joan, Stan and Peggy and her boyfriend and their apartment building.

Am getting a tiny bit tired of Don, but still love Betty and her stupid second husband, who's "running for office." Also loves the clothes.

Also a big Ted fan and can't wait to see where that goes.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

I'm rewatching last week's episode and I forgot how good the scene was where Don runs around the Creative department, then walks in and goes on a spiel about the darkness and that they will find a way to get through it.

As a creative, I've felt that way exactly!
    Boston Strong

I am in love (possibly obsessed) with Christina Hendricks. Like I-was-probably-a lesbian-in-a-previous-life in love with lol

What I really love about her though, is her body. She is one of FEW women I have ever seen on TV who actually has a REAL body - with hips and thighs and boobs and height - that I can look in the mirror and relate to and that makes me feel good about what I see. Not a size 0/2 or a size 22 (not there is anything wrong with either of those!), But a healthy, sexy, curvy body.

And I lofffffff Man Men as well. For me, who's grandfather actually was a "mad man" in the 60s, and whose family is incredibly WASP-y, every episode is like a watching an old home movie
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Holy Don and Betty, and holy Meghan and Arlene.
    Boston Strong

It's episode is so good! Ted! Betty!
    A helmet saved my life.

HOLY CRAP PEGGY AND ABE!!!
    Boston Strong