The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have these sheets from Bed, Bath and Beyond and I love them. I've had a pair for five or six years that is still soft yet crisp when I make the bed. I did have to repair a torn corner after a few years, but it is still going strong.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...=123861&RN=16&

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    The day I change the sheets is a big deal. Fresh jammies, fresh, scented bath, cool crisp sheets, aaaaah.
    "Clean sheets, clean jammies" day is my favorite day of the week!!

[QUOTE=Sannois;7000249]How is Overstock.com to deal with? Good service? The price is great! /QUOTE]

I have made multiple purchases from Overstock and have been very pleased. However, I haven't had to return anything so can't comment on service in that area.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I remember reading about Anichini twenty years ago and thought, "Nobody will pay those prices for sheets!" but evidently somebody does.

I do love my high thread count 100% cotton Ralph Lauren Sheets that I found in a sale bin for $12, but what i love even more is my winter pillowcase invention: an old Cashmere sweater made into a pillow case. I put my head on that soft, cuddly pillow and I'm out in about 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by leaf View Post
    A bit of a hi-jack here:
    Why are my new egyptian, high-thread-count, cotton sheets "pilling" after a couple of washings? It's like sleeping on sand.

I was about to ask the same question. I also "fell" for the high thread count, Egyptian sheet talk and bought a set. They pilled and crumpled and just felt slimey. Every morning I was reaching down to the foot of the be to even find the sheets. They were the opposite of crisp. What did I do wrong?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

1 members found this post helpful.

Sannois, Overstock is very good to deal with - I got tons of stuff for a kitchen remodel from them (a-mazing huge stainless farm sink for peanuts). Customer service and delivery is great.

The 450's I quoted are nice--could maybe be heftier, but the elastic on the fitted sheet continues on all 4 sides, which I love, and they have an elegance to the heft that I like-

I just found these on Amazon. Is 1500 thread count better than 1000? And how can these sheets be good if they are so cheap?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019WAD00
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

LH, check the reviews. Amazon reviews are a good judge if there are more than 25 or so. I would't bite on them. I couldnt find any on Amazon that I was willing to try, and I do loves me some Amazon!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

The lovely crisp sheets are percale. It honestly doesn't really matter to me what the thread count is, if the sheets are percale and 100% cotton.

LL Bean has good percale sheets in all sizes.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

1 members found this post helpful.

LH-lovey is right. The 1600 count on Amazon have a lot of reviews, and most are very bad. Apparently the manufacturer says what the thread count is, and they slipped an extra zero in there somewhere, because there is no way real 1600 thread count will pill the way these do.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

It is also about the quality of the cotton and the length of the threads - not just the count.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Default And now for something completely different

I recently bought sheets made of 100% bamboo. They were not terribly expensive so I thought I would give it a go. I love them! they have the texture of silk but not the price and they are not nasty like "sateen". They are thin but they seem durable and feel wonderful.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Thank you, everyone! I ended up ordering these: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat...tml?CID=208011

Hoping to like them!!!!

Annnndddddd.... I've annoyingly I've just realized they are sateen. Ugh. Somehow I COMPLETELY missed that when I placed the order. http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/images/smilies/no.gif