The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Weight Loss Wraps?

Anyone ever tried one? How do they work? Side effects?

One of my friends has started doing them and is bugging me about trying them. I feel like it is a glorified sweat wrap and am tempted to let her do one leg with the "It Works" wrap and the other with a traditional horsie sweat wrap.

I have had cellulite on my thighs my whole life including when I was a teen and rode several horses a day (think string bean). I am not incredibly optimistic that these will work but for $25 bucks I am willing to try it if it is safe.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

1 members found this post helpful.

I am curious too... I also have a friend who's selling them and will probably end up going to a "wrap party" at some point. I am highly skeptical, but she insists they work...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

I would be fascinated to hear the quackery that must be used to explain how wrapping yourself in something causes actual fat loss.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    I would be fascinated to hear the quackery that must be used to explain how wrapping yourself in something causes actual fat loss.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

You are only pulling water out. You can get the same effect before a special event with Preparation H and Saran wrap. Really. Old beauty pageant trick
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Well the ads say "temporary weight loss" lol. I sort of think of it like sweat wrapping a horse with windpuffs the day before a show to make his legs look tight.
    Railgirl.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MMacallister View Post
    Well the ads say "temporary weight loss" lol. I sort of think of it like sweat wrapping a horse with windpuffs the day before a show to make his legs look tight.
    But it's a lie, you don't LOSE weight! Maybe it gives the temporary appearance of weight "loss" but you don't lose anything.
    Sorry, I just cantvstand these stupid things that company's dupe people into doing with their lies of weight loss.
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

Quote Originally Posted by Thoro View Post
    But it's a lie, you don't LOSE weight! Maybe it gives the temporary appearance of weight "loss" but you don't lose anything.
    Sorry, I just cantvstand these stupid things that company's dupe people into doing with their lies of weight loss.
    They can lie to me all they want to as long as temporarily, my upper arms look tighter than they are.

Speaking of which, other than the 1 exercise I know where you hold you arm up by your head and bring your lower arm down behind your head with a weight, does anyone have any exercises that target the batwings?
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    They can lie to me all they want to as long as temporarily, my upper arms look tighter than they are.

Speaking of which, other than the 1 exercise I know where you hold you arm up by your head and bring your lower arm down behind your head with a weight, does anyone have any exercises that target the batwings?
    Bench dips, skull crushers, tricep pull-downs and various other cable exercises, close-grip bench and dumbbell presses, kickbacks, tricep push-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    You are only pulling water out. You can get the same effect before a special event with Preparation H and Saran wrap. Really. Old beauty pageant trick
    I am starting to think we need a beauty pageant tricks thread... I'll definitely keep this in mind for any shows that require white breeches, lol.

You will lose weight...for about a day. You will sweat, hence you will lose water. 1 pt of water = 1 lb. This is why jockeys take Lasix (and then die from kidney damage at a young age).

and there is no such thing as detoxifying through sweat, either.

*sigh*

If you want to burn calories without excercise, go stand in a cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    *sigh*

If you want to burn calories without excercise, go stand in a cooler.
    ok, I give up--how will wearing a cooler help?

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    Like a freezer - you shiver your calories away trying to stay warm.

LOL...horse board... Yes, I meant a cold room. Maintaining body temp requires more calories in the cold.

In fact, standing in your horse's cooler would do no good at all.

Somebody on my facebook has been doing wraps. She's been posting pictures of each time she does it. So far she has done 3 wraps. Her pictures look the exact same to me since day one. But she's super excited about it... so maybe it just tricks your mind into thinking that you are getting skinnier.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post

ROFL!
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

LOL sometimes we horse folks just think different. If I decide to try it I will post my results. Still think I will go with their wrap on one thigh and a horsie sweat wrap on the other.

Just like wrapping a horse before a show it could be good before beach time or something like that, but I am a geek at heart and love experiments :-)
    Railgirl.blogspot.com