The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default seeking info( owner) of large horse farm between Sewanee and S. Pittsburg TN Hwy156

I am trying to locate the owners of a horse property in Marion County TN on the corner of Highway 156 (S. Pittsburg Mt. Road) and Snake Pond Road. There is a home, barn and at least one dressage ring (maybe two), paddocks, pastures, etc. backing up to the national forest. I believe that this farm is currently being leased by the same couple who leased (made a mess of and left bouncing 2 bad checks for rent) my farm in Winchester TN and would like to be able to give a "heads up" warning to the owners. If you know the owner, please have them contact me. Thanks!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cdalt View Post
    I am trying to locate the owners of a horse property in Marion County TN on the corner of Highway 156 (S. Pittsburg Mt. Road) and Snake Pond Road. There is a home, barn and at least one dressage ring (maybe two), paddocks, pastures, etc. backing up to the national forest. I believe that this farm is currently being leased by the same couple who leased (made a mess of and left bouncing 2 bad checks for rent) my farm in Winchester TN and would like to be able to give a "heads up" warning to the owners. If you know the owner, please have them contact me. Thanks!
    That is public information. Contact your county assessor's office and ask how to find the owner's name and mailing address. Many counties have very good websites where this info is easily accessed.

Is this the property?

scroll down to the bottom and click on the "View GIS Map for this Parcel" button to see if it is the right one.

http://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/Par....asp?G=Y&C=058

PeteyPie - I can't get your link to work so can't say if it is the right parcel - it just says "invalid entry" when I click on it. I have found the place on an aerial map but can't find a street address (and I am living in FL now so can't just drive by to get the address). I will try contacting the Marion County Assessor's Office next week and see what they suggest. The only really good news is that I sold my Winchester farm this past week (although I had to lower the price to reflect the poor condition that hey left the pastures, fencing, etc.) I just hate to see another poor sucker fall for their "lease/option" deal and get screwed like we were.

I just graduated from Sewanee and leased a barn near there (off 156 on Laurel Branch Trail). The property used to be run by Coreene who moved to Signal Mountain. Its owned by a lawyer now (who wanted extraordinary money to for it). The owner isn't around much but I think Sewanee Realty has been handling it? Maybe check with them if they have contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by cdalt View Post
    PeteyPie - I can't get your link to work so can't say if it is the right parcel - it just says "invalid entry" when I click on it. I have found the place on an aerial map but can't find a street address (and I am living in FL now so can't just drive by to get the address). I will try contacting the Marion County Assessor's Office next week and see what they suggest. The only really good news is that I sold my Winchester farm this past week (although I had to lower the price to reflect the poor condition that hey left the pastures, fencing, etc.) I just hate to see another poor sucker fall for their "lease/option" deal and get screwed like we were.
    In case you haven't found it, try this GIS page:

http://tnmap.tn.gov/assessment/

Zoom in using the bar on the left side of the map, and drag the map to center it as needed. (If the property lines are too big and obscure the roads so you can't tell where you are, just click on the "Hide Property Lines" icon in the top middle. Reset them when you get zoomed in enough).

When you find the parcel, click on the "Identify" icon in the upper right corner. It will direct you to click on the parcel for the info. I don't know why that other link didn't work; it worked for me before but is not working now. Hmmm. Good luck!

1 members found this post helpful.