The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho392 View Post
    Doc Martin........BBC series..........and it is especially great because the star, martin clunes, is a great horse/animal lover, and a very gregarious, jolly fellow in real life........as opposed to his on screen persona

Sherlock.YES!!

Call the Midwife

Becoming Human UK version

The Wire
    I was just about to suggest all of these, barring the wire. Sherlock is fantastic, but only two seasons that are each three episodes long are available on Netflix currently, so space it out if you don't want to drive yourself certifiably mad waiting for season 3. Also, Benedict Cumberbatch and Aidan Turner are YUMMY.
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. 13 hours of pure genius.
    I agree! And I crammed all 13 hours into about 3 days.

Thank you again for all the suggestions! I'm really excited to get started on some of these!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Fourteen Months Living and Working in Costa Rica

1 members found this post helpful.

Totally agree about Sherlock - I'm going batty. Basically anything on the BBC is good - I love their Being Human version, but don't care for the US version. Call the Midwife is great. When you are making recs could you pretty please differentiate between which is streaming and which you have to order? I only have streaming .

Agreed on House of Cards. I was about halfway thru when nice weather got here and I haven't watched in weeks!

A guilty pleasure of mine over the winter was Sons of Anarchy...kind of a bloody soap opera with bikers! But I will admit FFing thru some scenes.

I also enjoyed In Plain Sight. It was a good storyline without any carnage.

I have about 200 movies/TV shows in my streaming queue right now... I LOVE Netflix streaming and I just love B horror flicks and those are in abundance

A movie that I watched recently that I enjoyed a lot was The Awakening. Also enjoyed The Hunger Games, Thor is on there and I believe Captain America is as well (or at least was at one point!). If you are into gaming, The Guild is a cute little series (5 episodes - although it is called seasons because it was a web based thing). The Man in the Moon is back on streaming as well! I also just watched Lars and the Real Girl, which was good and I most certainly did not expect to cry at the end!

For TV shows, I have The X Files, Saved By The Bell, Heroes, Borgias, The Tudors, The Grand, Merlin, Felicity, Raising Hope, Charmed, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy (and more) in my queue.

Ditto Sherlock and House of Cards. Hemlock Grove was kind of weird but if you've got time to kill, I would watch it. All are streaming on Netflix and HOC and HG are original series.

Also I love Sons of Anarchy (I think that's either on Netflix or Amazon Prime), breaking Bad, The killing, Mad Men, and I'm currently watching Longmire. On and of course, always always Battlestar Galactica! I think that is always on Netflix streaming.

Scandal - that show stole days of my life when I started watching on Netflix!

Sherlock, Lost, Misfits and all the Agatha Christie movies have been my favourite on Netflix!

Charismatic
    Lost
    Gold Rush

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Top Gear! No really, it is lots of fun. I spent one summer watching tons of episodes with my cousin when we were at home bored.

NCIS, love it. Though you may hate me when you get to the end of season 10 and have to wait until September to find out what happens next :-D.

Top Chef is always fun, though the earliest seasons are definitely the best. Later on it gets less about cooking and more about drama/competition. Though the last few episodes of season 10 are very, very cool.

If you don't have one see if you can beg someone to mail you a kindle/any ereader. They help with boredom too, mine saved my life in France because it was the cheapest way to get english books.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Star Trek Deep Space 9, Star Trek Voyager, each has about 175 episodes. Original Star Trek is on there as is Star Trek Next Generation and Star Trek Enterprise. The original Battlestar Galactica with Lorne Green is on Netflix. Magnum PI, just to look at Tom Selleck. As you watch stuff, more suggestions from Netflix come up for related series. We dumped Direct TV about 2 months ago and haven't looked back. In fact, I've watched more TV since we dumped Direct TV than I did before. As noted above, I sometimes lose whole days glued to the tube.

The whole Highlander series is on Netflix as are the movies. Great documentary "Dark Legacy" ties in Pres George HW Bush with the JFK assassination. Last month there were a bunch of James Bond movies, but they're gone now, must have been a one-shot thing.
    Last edited by DakotaTA; May. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: can't spell
    Everybody lies - Gregory House, M.D.

All Creatures Great and Small.

How the Universe Works (expanded).

I second the Ken Burns documentaries.

Planet Earth.

Top Gear is definitely hilarious. BBC version though not the American one.

I love Netflix for series watching - no commericals and no clip hanging season finale.

I've gotten some ideas for the next series from the above lists, but currently in season 5 of Supernatural. Love this series!

Haven't figured out the movies yet. Wish it had listings with new releases.

Another vote for House of Cards - and they are already filming season 2!

We just watched all of Firefly - very cute.

Walking Dead
    Justified
    Shameless

I'm sure I'm missing some shows....

I cannot WAIT for season 2 of House of Cards!

Coupling - the funniest show I have ever watched.

Firefly, Neverwhere, Fringe, Primeval (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
    Eureka (really fun sci-fi series)
    The West Wing

I had my floors redone upstairs so was banished to the basement for two weeks, and The West Wing saw me through all the banging and dust during the frigid month of January. Very addictive.
    I loved watching Eureka on Netflix. No commercials. Sigh. I'm so sad the series is over. Every now and then that catchy little tune gets in my head. Love it.

"Awake" - a short-lived show from last year, starring Jason Isaacs. It starts off several months after a car accident takes the life of a member of a police detective's family. The catch is, he doesn't know which. When he first woke up, he'd lost his wife but his son had survived. The next day, he wake up and his wife was alive but their son was dead. Next day, son's alive and the wife's the one who died. So now he's living this bizarre double life, complete with two psychiatrists (who, of course, both think the other is imaginary), and the dual POVs on the same cases sometimes gives him insights. Weird, but come on, Jason Isaacs...

The Good Guys - goofy cop buddy comedy show from the people who went on to do Burn Notice. Set in Dallas, stars Colin Hanks and the guy from West Wing as mismatched detectives.

The Guardian - guy from The Mentalist, younger and even cuter, as a very, very uptight lawyer in Pittsburgh whose sentence for drug abuse is to contribute time to a children's defense nonprofit. Not even remotely cuddly, despite the cute premise - main character is a truly believable lawyer trying to make partner at his dad's firm, hates the kid cases.

Firefly - the cult favorite actually is good
    Revenge
    Burn Notice
    Psych
    In Plain Sight

Lie to me is awesome
    As is Revenge...woweeewowwow