The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fringe - most definitely - it was sooo different

And The Closer

Eureka

Strange Luck and Moonlight. Apparently I am drawn to quirky, well-written shows with interesting characters and premises which TV execs hate.

I was afraid Elementary was going to be cancelled after that season finale . . . I see it was renewed in March, but still, to reveal your big secret and seemingly wrap it up so early?

I also miss Quantum Leap. But G4 has reruns -- sometimes.

And Chuck! Who could forget that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic Horseman View Post
    FRINGE
    ^THIS!!^

Rock Center!

They even turned 20/20 into a sensationalistic program like Dateline. Enough! enough!

I miss the real news stories and the good news stories!
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Is Downton Abbey planning a season IV? Right now we have our own real life reality show going on in Ottawa and Toronto - honestly, you can't make this stuff up.
    Season 4 debuts in the US on January 4th. They have plans through series 6, I think.

I really wish whichever half of the production team (I think the BBC end) hadn't gotten cold feet about HBO's "Rome."

I'm going to probably miss "Warehouse 13". Of course they're cancelling it whne they've got characters (Jinks and Claudia) I'm actually interested in. (I don't actually like/plan to miss Pete and Myka, both of whom I find a little flat and cartoonish.)

I loved Northern Exposure until Joel left. Then it just got silly.

Is it weird that after all these years I'm still pining for Roswell and the X-Files?

...Wait, don't answer that, I don't wanna know

I am really hoping they bring Hannibal back for a second season, but so far it's not on NBC's line-up.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

I still miss Queer as Folk....
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

1 members found this post helpful.

OMG Scarecrow & Mrs. King! I loved that show. It was gone (very lame last few shows) before I realized that's when Kate Jackson had a diagnosis of advanced breast cancer and could barely get to the studio between chemo treatments.

On same note, the 1st 3 seasons of Remington Steele before the chemistry between Pierce and Stephanie went south because he was bitter about losing the Bond series (got it after RS was cancelled).

Loved Queer as Folk, have all of it on DVDs.

Elementary, not cancelled, did itself a favor by revealing it's big secret. I love the Mentalist but I am so over his hunt for Red John. Just GET HIM and get on with solving cases.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    On same note, the 1st 3 seasons of Remington Steele before the chemistry between Pierce and Stephanie went south because he was bitter about losing the Bond series (got it after RS was cancelled).

Actually, I just recently finished reading Brosnan's biography, & according to him, the "chemistry" between him & Stephanie Zimbalist was nonexistent from Day 1. Apparently she was a Grade A prima donna who had considered "Remington Steele" as a mainstream starring vehicle for just herself.
    She not only strongly & openly resented every second of Brosnan's screen time, but was also openly apoplectic over his increasing popularity.

While I realize this is from his biography, I've also read the exact same stuff about her from other sources. (I read a lot of film bio stuff.)
    Last edited by Bacardi1; May. 26, 2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: correction

Harry's Law, Boston Legal, Ally McBeal, and Boston Public. Long gone but not forgotten.
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz

2 members found this post helpful.

30 Rock, Kath and Kim, Extras and of course... Arrested Development. I'm so happy for a season four.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Actually, I just recently finished reading Brosnan's autobiography, & according to him, the "chemistry" between him & Stephanie Zimbalist was nonexistent from Day 1.
    If that's the case, they were both great actors. Loved that show!

As an aside, how great is Pierce Brosnan? Loved him as Remington Steele, loved him as James Bond, he's been good in other things, and he seems like a nice guy and a devoted family man to boot.

I wish they would make something new with Stargate.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    If that's the case, they were both great actors. Loved that show!

As an aside, how great is Pierce Brosnan? Loved him as Remington Steele, loved him as James Bond, he's been good in other things, and he seems like a nice guy and a devoted family man to boot.
    I loved that show too. In fact, hubby gifted me with the complete "Remington Steele" series on dvd.

And he did make a great "Bond". Definitely one of my favorite portrayals of the role.

His biography (I originally said "auto"biography, but it was a bio) was a very interesting read. I don't think it's still in print, but you might find it at your local library or used online. Hubby bought my copy at one of our library's book sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic Horseman View Post
    FRINGE
    Honestly, loved the first seasons, got bored with the second last season, didn't even finish they last season. They were running out of steam.

Thanks, Bacardi, I will look for it. Longtime fan of his.

ETA: There are a few different ones listed on Amazon. Which one did you read?
    Last edited by MHM; May. 26, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansena View Post
    This thread confirms I'm as strange as I feared I was:

US of Tara.
    I also loved this! The last season was terrible though, and it had no real ending? We didn't even know it was over, it was just... no more. Though I will say they had a limited plot to work with. They'd gone through all her personalities pretty well.

Vegas and Emily Owen MD. Both had great casts and were simply entertaining. I guess since neither were about vampires... Sigh

Southland. So sad. I mean, what do they need to keep something going?
    "What's so funny 'bout Peace Love and Understanding?" Elvis Costello