The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Equine Light Therapy

http://equinelighttherapy.com/catalog.htm

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

I am at wits end dealing with my horse's habronema. We had it healed and then it re-opened last fall (most unusual, as even at its worst, it would become dormant over the cooler seasons). Nothing is getting it to close and now that summer is here, I am just trying to keep it managed until the cooler weather arrives again with hopes that it will eventually close up. All the latest meds that my vet recommends and has luck with are not working.
    Since I am certified in K-laser, I know the benefits of laser therapy and am ready to try it on Tucker's sore. I came across this. The price is fantastic. I have quotes of leasing similar products for $400 a month, but this would cost half that and I would own it.

Feedback?
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

I am really interested in any feedback on this product too. It sure looks intriguing for my gelding's biciptal bursitis.

Lori, I don't know anything about laser therapy and a cursory google turns up mostly companies trying to sell me stuff, which is a huge red flag for me. Can you expound on LED therapy? I'd like to know if there is any real research out there.

Thank you!
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

I have the small pad.

It SEEMS to work but I have to duct tape it on the sides of my horse's butt.

The Back-on-track hock wraps work better for his hock arthritis than this light therapy pad.

That being said, this horse likes the infrared treatments - he goes to sleep. I have another horse that absolutely will not tolerate the therapy pad and will slice my face off with his tail until I get it unhooked and off him.

I mentioned all this to my vet. He stated some horses are "up" for infrared therapy others are not, it's just who they are and what they can tolerate.

I said that because these therapy pads are so expensive.

Would I buy it again, based on what I now know? Not sure.

I ended up buying one of those shiatsu neck massagers from WalMart to use on the horse that won't tolerate the infrared. He loves that shiatsu machine but I have to stand there and keep it from falling off as the massagers rotate. It was only 20-something dollars.

I also bought him the Back-on-Track Therapeutic pad (not the full sheet) and he loved that, equally as well, until the weather warmed up.

Not sure I've been much help.

Quote Originally Posted by buck22 View Post
    I am really interested in any feedback on this product too. It sure looks intriguing for my gelding's biciptal bursitis.

Lori, I don't know anything about laser therapy and a cursory google turns up mostly companies trying to sell me stuff, which is a huge red flag for me. Can you expound on LED therapy? I'd like to know if there is any real research out there.

Thank you!
    http://www.k-laserusa.com/results-re...how-it-works/#

This explains it pretty well, and the K0laser is what I am certified to use. I saw amazing results when I used it.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep