The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnow View Post
    The thing is, I am sure Noms does not have a good life. It/she/he must be pitied and then ignored.
    Typical,, anyone who has an opposing view point must be smeared.

Do me a favor and put me on ignore.. Thanks!

Because you don't agree with Noms you feel justified in judging her life?She has every right to say and fight for her beliefs.

4 members found this post helpful.

I would never knowingly do business with a company that puts their profits over their employees welfare.
    This is one of the unintended consequences of the bill. Some companies after looking at their the budget realize they are unable to provide insurance coverage for their employees AND continue to stay open. So the choice to provide a job for their employees, pay the federal fines and allow their employees to join the ACH plan. Other option is to shut down their company and put their current employees out with no job.

Not heartless, just doing the best they can in a tight situation. Many companies are operating on thin margins, especially those in manufacturing and building products. Take a look around you, this is a down, slow economy.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mymy View Post
    Because you don't agree with Noms you feel justified in judging her life?She has every right to say and fight for her beliefs.
    Ironic how the topic of this tread is central to silencing the opposing view point of conservatives. The IRS was engaged in a coordinated and deliberate attempt to silence, or at least stifle conservative organizations.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Ironic how the topic of this tread is central to silencing the opposing view point of conservatives. The IRS was engaged in a coordinated and deliberate attempt to silence, or at least stifle conservative organizations.
    A little OT but stories like this frost my hide. Separate planes for separate fundraisers for the democratic party and the fees for the security and planes will be billed to taxpayers. All of this while sequestration marches on and investigations march forward. What the hell kind of country have we become to be ruled and not served?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4880669.story

3 members found this post helpful.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

2 members found this post helpful.

The thing is, I am sure Noms does not have a good life. It/she/he must be pitied and then ignored.
    This comment was quite petty and contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion. It is quite possible to have passionate disagreements without getting snarky.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    A little OT but stories like this frost my hide. Separate planes for separate fundraisers for the democratic party and the fees for the security and planes will be billed to taxpayers. All of this while sequestration marches on and investigations march forward. What the hell kind of country have we become to be ruled and not served?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4880669.story
    I read the attached article, but what made me laugh were the comments.

Just saw on the news that the IRS is STILL targeting conservative groups, as of letters mailed this month. So, the practice did NOT stop as testified to by Miller. This scandal will broaden and widen I believe.

1 members found this post helpful.

There's a difference between targeting and investigating with probable cause. We don't know which it is. The be on the lookout for words...yeah, that was stupid. The rest of it, we just don't know.

We're going to have to wait for the results of the investigations.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I believe there are now 25 suits and rising against the IRS

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    There's a difference between targeting and investigating with probable cause. We don't know which it is. The be on the lookout for words...yeah, that was stupid. The rest of it, we just don't know.

We're going to have to wait for the results of the investigations.
    Here, read this. We do know they were targeting these groups in order to intefere with the conservative message. The IRS admitted to doing it.

The investigation will eventually show (hopefully) just who at the top ordered it, because what the IRS did is illegal.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...s-letters-show

The head of the IRS was at the Whitehouse 118 in 2yrs.Miller and Lerner both were untruthful in a hearing in12.An ABC news crew trying to get a interview at the Cininnati IRS office was removed by an armed guard.The IRS was also targeting pro life groups.This whole mess just stinks.Don't remember who said it but"the power to tax is the power to destroy"and that appears to be the motive.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I read the attached article, but what made me laugh were the comments.
    I've seen a lot of comments like these lately,lol.
    "I'm a loner, and a loner's got to be alone." Geiko

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...ters-show?lite

If Lerner and Miller become the focus, the point will be missed.
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

so NOms got her wittle fee fees hurt. you can dish it but can't take it, too funny.

This is still a non-scandal and non-story. I believe it has even dropped off the Faux "news" radar. When you all figure out this will not hurt our President it will all stop. His ratings remain above 50% while W can't muster much out of the teens. Remember W? The idjit that tried to bankrupt our country and is not even welcome at his own party's convention. That W? LOL

My, how things change.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6719260.story

LA Times

WASHINGTON — Internal Revenue Service employees used other politically-loaded terms besides "tea party" when they culled applications for tax-exempt status and then subjected them to extra scrutiny — including the words "progressive" and "blue," according to agency memos.

The lists with key words to watch for, released Monday by congressional Democrats, are the first documents showing that IRS employees were instructed to flag other types of nonprofit groups engaged in politics, not just conservative ones.

"Common thread is the word 'progressive,'" said "Be on the Lookout" memos sent to workers in the tax-exempt division of the IRS. "Activities appear to lean toward a new political party. Activities are partisan and appear as anti-Republican."
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Bristol Bay, my favorite part is Issa's attempt to manufacture a kerfluffle by instructing the IG to look only into "targeting" of conservative groups.

To quote Rick Perry: Oops.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

Hahaha

I quoted that in the TX filibuster thread!
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!