The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anybody Else Just Not Like LOLKatz?

Am I the only heretic out there?

I see these posted all the time, forwarded, etc., with people howling with laughter over them.

But I don't. I adore cats, and the pictures are cute, but the captions simply ruin it for me. I don't find the captions cute at all. Maybe it's my English majorness coming out.

Variety is the spice of life, I know. People have different tastes. The lack of enjoyment doesn't bother me, and I just shrug and move on. However, I am increasingly curious because I have NEVER, aside from myself, encountered anybody expressing an opinion on those pictures who doesn't think they are the epitome of feline hilarity.

Am I indeed alone out there?

No, you're not. I hate the intentionally bad grammar and spelling, mainly. I am also more of a dog person, but that doesn't make me unable to smile at a picture of a cat doing something funny.

I don't like the intentional grammatical errors, and sometimes even have a hard time trying to understand what they're saying! I do think much of the posted stuff is funny or cute, but their website takes soooooo long to load. I get on there about once a month. When I do, I copy images and send to appreciative people, but I don't subscribe or anything.