The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2185

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I am waiting for a call back from their news director.
    Of course you are.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Re testing, yes the CFIA agent who wrote the letter I posted earlier [I think dated 2010 or 2012 so recent] wrote about the testing and inspection numbers.
    It was shockingly low.
    Particularly considering they have been aware of the issues with the reliability of the info on those EIDs for quite a while now.

Here's the letter for those unable to find it or who did not read it before:

http://latitudenews.wpengine.netdna-...et-Officer.pdf

[Just a little tip for finding a post by someone easily, click on their name, and then 'view forum posts' and from there you can more easily [the scrolling back page after page after page] find the post with the info you are trying to find.]
    I just read it.

Gosh..a change from dead bolt to a live gun..and a lack of accuracy...Gosh..the defence coalition was AGAINST the stun gun..and now they want to know why it is not as accurate (rifle) as a stun gun.

I seem to remember I told y'all there were videos for the entire process and they had been brought in. I do believe there were those who called me a liar and stated they had proof I had never been involved with any slaughter facilities as a volunteer...

As per TB's..as stated NOT a government decision..it is a decision for the plant owners

Guess you got the official answer as to kindney testing.

Amount of testing increased from 2009..

I guess when you are from an animal rights coalition you can demand as much as you want regarding the drug testing. Still pushing the bute testing that was included to shut Helga Schmidt up (according to Robby den Hartog of HOLLAND) Remember a human COULD contact a disease if they consumed the approximate amount of 50 horsie burgers per day for 50 years.

Tylenol has a worse record...

The issue is..they answered the questions. Coalition wants 100% testing which is never going to happen with ANY product..from a car to a bettery to eggs and lettuce.

I don't think the CFIA considers the tests to be low..that is YOUR take on it..To be totally fair I think you should also check and see how much lettuce is tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Of course you are.
    Don't know him and I tried to drop your name..amazing..it hit the ground with a thud.

Whether you agree/disagree with slaughter, his responses and the information re: testing in that letter should make you less impressed with the ethics/conscience of the agencies overseeing this industry and the safety of this product.
    Just more proof this industry has no ethics/conscience...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Page Not Found
    You have requested a page that cannot be found.

FROM JUNE 15:
    http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...j/-/index.html

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Of course you are.

Hi!
    I am off today and haven't gotten an update. Here's a great contact: officer Wolf, County Animal Care (505) 314-0287.
    Let me know if I can help.
    Have a great day
    Regina Ruiz

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:08 PM, "ltm" <ltm@telus.net> wrote:

From your article on the dead horses it would appear they were shot in the head. Is this correct? Have you found out any additional information?

Thank you

You just keep striking out [Abercrombie]....I think we are still at 100% for me and strike outs for you.

Now don't be cheap...spend a buck on a phone call...CALL da man..and get the real story...
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jun. 22, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Hi!
    I am off today and haven't gotten an update. Here's a great contact: officer Wolf, County Animal Care (505) 314-0287.
    Let me know if I can help.
    Have a great day
    Regina Ruiz

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:08 PM, "ltm" <ltm@telus.net> wrote:

From your article on the dead horses it would appear they were shot in the head. Is this correct? Have you found out any additional information?

Thank you

You just keep striking out Abercrumbie....I think we are still at 100% for me and strike outs for you.

Now don't be cheap...spend a buck on a phone call...CALL da man..and get the real story...
    Probably a foul ball for you. Online search show Regina Ruiz to be a general assignment reporter

Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    Probably a foul ball for you. Online search show Regina Ruiz to be a general assignment reporter
    Nice try..but read again...Went to the Editor and they referred it to the original writer who did respond to me. She gave me the contact for Officer Wolf..hasn't returned the call yet.

I think that about says it. Sadly, [Abercrombie] and others never spend a penny to phone for facts. They just go by old documents (of course of course..the reason they are soooooo old is because they have to attain them through the Freedom of Access division..but wait...they criticize others but NEVER spend a penny of their own even for those FOA documents.

Just sayin
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jun. 22, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Nice try..but read again...Went to the Editor and they referred it to the original writer who did respond to me. She gave me the contact for Officer Wolf..hasn't returned the call yet.

I think that about says it. Sadly, Crumbie and others never spend a penny to phone for facts. They just go by old documents (of course of course..the reason they are soooooo old is because they have to attain them through the Freedom of Access division..but wait...they criticize others but NEVER spend a penny of their own even for those FOA documents.

Just sayin
    For Pete's sake, Fairfax, for someone who claims to be so educated and such an expert at research, why can't you learn this very simple acronym and the name of the act it stands for despite numerous corrections from other posters?

FOIA = Freedom of Information Act, there is no FOA or Freedom of Access.

Just saying...
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

You are correct...however this little group continues to claim THEY have paid the bucks and ordered the copies..which of course if their statements that it takes two years are true, would prove they did not do it themselves.

Never claimed to be so educated nor a research expert. I have always given credit to others for their acility to locate information and share it.

How about the following. They quit claiming THEY have ordered information from their ability to use the Freedom of Information Act and I will not refer to it.

In Canada we have a Freedom of Access which is covered under the Freedom of Information Act. It is usually less expensive and faster.

But..When in Rome...

Lets examine the postings

First the article where the person who discovered them STATED they bled FROM THEIR HEADS

Then I phoned and received an email looking for clarrification as to whether or not they were shot IN THE HEAD

Then a poster plays journalistic trickery by attempting to introduce "or bleeding to death.

I do not care how it was packaged with comas

Equivalent...Mrs Jones died in her bed. Of Natural causes...then a person "suggests...well..she could have been murdered...

But then..I guess, that is what make COTH entertaining

Sannois you were asking about how the bolt works, here's an article that I came across that I thought might help ...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03...-to-the-plate/
    Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

How the bolt works? Waaal now, first point it at your head, and . . . (!)

Sannois you were asking about how the bolt works, here's an article that I came across that I thought might help ...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03...-to-the-plate/
    Thanks Angela, Interesting article. Would seem the bolt is far more humane,
    As opposed to just stunning. Interesting stats on Import and export countries. Argentina is # one in export. Hmm.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Thanks Angela, Interesting article. Would seem the bolt is far more humane,
    As opposed to just stunning.
    Interesting stats on Import and export countries. Argentina is # one in export. Hmm.
    And re: imports, did you see how far down Japan was? And where the other Asian countries were? Interesting right?

I don't understand what you are saying in what I bolded though. That article and the graphics illustrate the use of the bolt to stun so that the horse can be bled out. Bleeding out is what causes 'death' in this article/example.

Good article. I took your bolded part to mean that properly used the bolt effectively damages the horse's brain so that even if it does regains "consciousness" only basic cerebellar functions remain.

So it's not like it is going to stand up and be the same horse it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Good article. I took your bolded part to mean that properly used the bolt effectively damages the horse's brain so that even if it does regains "consciousness" only basic cerebellar functions remain.

So it's not like it is going to stand up and be the same horse it was before.
    It was my understanding that this is what 'stunning' via captive bolt does, always, when done right.
    IE there is no other kind of 'stunning via bolt'.

Ok there's the penetrating and non-penetrating.
    I was of the impression that the slaughter plants always used penetrating?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol

I would certainly hope that a captive bolt correctly applied would turn the horse's brain to jello.

Far better than on some of the other sites where "the horse regains consciousness" implies that he is the same horse he was before he walked into the box.

It's very hard to separate fact from fiction from either side of the problem.

If the horse is virtually rendered blotto but then neurological contractures take place, I can live with that. Having the horse figuratively sit up and say, "Hello, when's dinner?" is something else.

I'm wondering if the truth is somewhere between the two extremes.

BTW, good stuff you're providing, Angela. We all appreciate it.

2 members found this post helpful.

The current funding bill has NOT passed and when it goes in..there will be many who will vote against it because of numerous anti agriculture points.

And bottom line...the horses will continue to be shipped to Canada and Mexico and that..as your legislators who do not truly understand poly science as discovering....means they can not just toss a law out that will have international ramifications. Oh..they can try...but ultimately they will lose.
    Sorry Fairfax, but word is defunding has passed the Senate. Next up, the S.A.F.E. act.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

2 members found this post helpful.

And re: imports, did you see how far down Japan was? And where the other Asian countries were? Interesting right?

I don't understand what you are saying in what I bolded though. That article and the graphics illustrate the use of the bolt to stun so that the horse can be bled out. Bleeding out is what causes 'death' in this article/example.
    Yeah that was surprising! And Argentina being the Number # country exporting?? HAd no idea.
    Well I thought that the Bolt penetrated the skull and actually killed them where as the stun gun just gives them a blast or shock to the skull?? No?? MAybe I have it all wrong. In all the Videos I have seen it seems like they stun them not use the bolt. And they do not die. ??
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.