The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default This is a bit early, but... Anyone going to Bromont? Post here!

Just wondering who else is going- it's DH and grey beastie's first CCI3* and I'm moping over not being able to be there. Heard great things about the venue and courses but never experienced first hand. Any tips?

As an aside, for those of you showing, have you received any info/entry confirmation from the sec'y? They haven't posted the entry list online yet and we've heard zip, despite emailing and calling. Just wondering if this is normal two weeks out.

Tell him to have pony in wicked stupid shape and to wear comfy shoes always.

The hills at Bromont are killer, but it's a spectacular venue. Also, bug spray.

And that's pretty typical in Canadian eventing to not hear anything.

Trying to get the pony as fit as possible! Hopefully it will be enough, he's looking as well as he's ever done so we'll see. This will be a big test for them but I think they are ready! Thanks for the info.

I haven't received any confirmation about my entry. Makes me feel better I'm not the only one!

Tnevent, DH did manage to get through to someone on the phone this afternoon, but no emails or anything yet so I don't think you're alone. I know there's still two weeks left, but I'm spoiled by the instant gratification of event entries and the like, so a paper entry with no email receipt stresses me out

I'm going to watch and cheer on some friends. Greatly looking forward to it! First time there, we found a lovely cottage to rent with friends and I'm way over due for a vacation!

Bromont may be the most fantastic venue out there. Just wait till he canters into the show jumping arena-it'll bring tears to his eyes- (sorry you can't be there, it is fab)
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Kind of off topic, but has anyone heard if Bromont got the 2018 WEGs?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

All I can find is stuff saying they won by default because they were the only remaining city in the bid. So I'm not sure really if it's certain.

The FEI is only making its final decision re: WEG at the end of June. Bromont is the only current candidate city, but that does not make it a done deal.

wish I could go, but it is a long-shot!
    “Always saddle your own horse. Always know what you’re doing. And go in the direction you are heading.” Connie Reeves
    Jump Start Solutions LLC

Default Spectator

I am going as spectator with boyfriend, will be my first event ever just watching... will seem strange... I bet even if it has been over a few decades I will want to turn around to go take care of some horse... ( groomed and rode a bit of the stuff through the70s and 80s).
    Happy trails to all riding...

I'm going! Not riding, not grooming, just watching! I'm pretty excited! One of my friends is riding and she invited me to come up with her group to watch