The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wilmington NC Cross Post

Cross posting this from the eventing thread as I haven't gotten many replies.

I don't need an eventing specific barn, just looking to get into a place that has a good reputation and lesson program where I can continue to jump. I've made tremendous strides in the past year and I'd like to keep up after the move.

So it looks like my fiancé and I will be moving to Wilmington, NC for his job.

I spent the past year learning to ride, I was planning to go to my first event at Beginner Novice in mid-June. I am in a pretty good situation at home, I have an older horse I am half leasing and taking lessons a few times a week. The plan was to purchase a horse in the fall or next spring.

I'd like to get right back into the flow of things after the move to NC. Does anyone have advice on barns with lesson programs/horses in Wilmington, NC? I am willing to travel to different facilities for dressage and jumping if that is all that is available.

At this point the area that we are living is up in the air. All I know the job is north of the actual city of Wilmington. I apologize if this question as already been answered, I performed a search without much luck.

Thank you in advance!

Give Carlos Aramburo a call. He is very talented and personable.

http://aramburoequestrian.com/html/id1.html

good luck!

Hi Limerick! Thanks for posting this information. Just called Carlos today as I am going to be in Wilmington Thursday through Sunday. He is moving to Pennsylvania, where I am leaving!! Just bumping this to see if anyone else has suggestions? Looking for eventing, h/j, dressage, anything to keep me riding!