The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rolex THree Day Coolers on Ebay!

There are 3 Rolex wool coolers posted on Ebay...

Any guess as to who the former owner(s) is(are)? One would have had to go to Rolex 3x or have 3 horses entered right?
    Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

Hmm... Andrew only had 2 horses and Philip 2 as well. WFP only had two.

Is the country of origin on the ebay listing USA?

I messaged them and asked they are from the mid 1990's and it was a relatives. They wouldn't give me any names, though the seller is based in NC

Well, dang, now I bet I know who it is. Neat coolers -- I don't think I could put it on my horse though if we didn't earn it.

3 members found this post helpful.

So please PM us warmbloods, who is it?
    She has a montana email account.
    And we know her first name, as we warmbloods bought one.
    We're not eventers, LOL, we're jumpers. But we just might give the one we bought to a deserving Cother for Xmas, if she'll sign up for elf duty and give to someone else. (Presuming that the post office doesn't lose the one we bought tonight on ebay.) It might be Xmas in July, well in June, for her.

I'll sign up for elf duty! What do you want me to do
    I made an offer of $50 for one that sold but that's my budget limit for this sort of thing. I just think it's a neat part of equestrian history AND something that could actually be used.

I have a couple old western saddles that belonged to Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. I like to pretend that Mick Jagger rode in them But I don't know what do with except keep them in the basement, as they'd be too narrow for any modern quarterhorse backs nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Well, dang, now I bet I know who it is. Neat coolers -- I don't think I could put it on my horse though if we didn't earn it.
    Me too.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Are they winners coolers? I know most of the finishers get participants/completion coolers.
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

We don't know whether they are winner or participant coolers. We're jumpers, so we don't event. (Although the importer of one of us claimed to have eventide one of us 2x after importation. But hey, he was taught NOT to step in the liverpool, so he wasn't a water horse on course.

We're going to, if the post office doesn't lose or steal the cooler we bought, give it away to someone who events if she'll sign up for elf duty at Xmas and give a gift to someone who needs one. Like wool is not our thing, we're in the south, and eventing is not our thing. Actually, working is not our thing either, come to think of it.

But we do know the name of the seller now, LOL. While she's not in Montana as her email suggests, she is in NC and has a farm there, but google tells us warmbloods it's for dressage. Like duh, like we warmbloods are not dumbbloods! One of us has lots of arab in her, and the other has tons of TB and a little arab in his bloodlines. We can google!

Ellebeaux we saw where someone had made an offer on the one with the least moth holes, tears, etc., and we didn't know it was you! If the other Cother for some reason doesn't want to do elf duty for a deserving person, you can do it. We did elf duty last year for the first time, and decided to just do gifting on off topic this coming Xmas. We cannot get gifts as our meanie owner says every day is WB day, so we just give away her money at Xmas, LOL.

1 members found this post helpful.

Just saw where the other 2 coolers sold too. so hopefully Cothers got them both.

There was a 1998 Rolex square cooler posted on Ebay maybe 2 months ago. It had white logo and lettering, with the year as part of the emblem. It went for $41.00.

OOOOOH, I'm totally down with being an elf this year, if the other COTHer doesn't want to do it. I just can never think of a good gift. This would be a GREAT gift!

Quote Originally Posted by WildandWickedWarmbloods View Post
    So please PM us warmbloods, who is it?
    She has a montana email account.
    And we know her first name, as we warmbloods bought one.
    We're not eventers, LOL, we're jumpers. But we just might give the one we bought to a deserving Cother for Xmas, if she'll sign up for elf duty and give to someone else. (Presuming that the post office doesn't lose the one we bought tonight on ebay.) It might be Xmas in July, well in June, for her.
    Oh my goodness I HOPE you are my SS!!

Link?
    Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.

Check out My Horse Chat!

Hey Starhouse, didn't we warmbloods buy an ornament from you last Xmas when we were eleanor's elf? We didn't know you were one of those daredevil eventers!!!!

BTW everyone, STarhouse makes some great Christmas ornaments of people's horses. Never too early to order and beat the rush for secret santa! (Mum's the word on our owner, Starhouse! She had to get the gift as we're not allowed to drive to the post office and we surely aren't going to trot down there.)

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    But I don't know what do with except keep them in the basement, as they'd be too narrow for any modern quarterhorse backs nowadays.

But they might fit a TB! I have a lovely western saddle right now...but no horse that it will fit. Not sure when I will have a barrel shaped quarterhorse again.....someday.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by WildandWickedWarmbloods View Post
    Hey Starhouse, didn't we warmbloods buy an ornament from you last Xmas when we were eleanor's elf? We didn't know you were one of those daredevil eventers!!!!

BTW everyone, STarhouse makes some great Christmas ornaments of people's horses. Never too early to order and beat the rush for secret santa! (Mum's the word on our owner, Starhouse! She had to get the gift as we're not allowed to drive to the post office and we surely aren't going to trot down there.)
    Yes that was me You rock. Yes I am an eventer, but I wouldn't say I'm a daredevil heheheheh. But I try! My horse is broken at the moment but I am looking forward to getting out there again when she's able to!

And yes of course, your secret's safe with me! I would never expect such dignified warmbloods to run errands.

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    But they might fit a TB! I have a lovely western saddle right now...but no horse that it will fit. Not sure when I will have a barrel shaped quarterhorse again.....someday.
    hahahaha, well, you don't have to say that to me twice...I am a self-admitted tack whore, I mean tack hoarder...I just love the beauty of well made gear

I spent the night in the home of a BNR once-the blanket on my bed was a Rolex cooler. I thought that was pretty great.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.