The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage Show & Tell Day.

One of the clubs in our area had a Show & Tell day today. This is where you go in and ride your test and then the judge spends 10-15 mins with you working on things and seeing if you can do better. Then you ride the test again. You hope that you do better the second time riding the test.

I took my baby boy today, it was the very first time for him at a dressage show. We did Training Test 1 58.181 first ride and 55.681 second ride. Had problem with our canter the second test. We did get 7's in our halts, which I was very happy with.

Then we did Training Test 2 60.192 first ride and 63.269 for our second ride. This test was more relaxed for both him and me. He was getting very tired but the time we did it the second time. We had 6.5 and 7's in our halts and had a better free walk on the long rein the second time.

I was so happy with how well he did and with all the things we came a way with to work on. It was money well spent and the weather was even good. they said it was to rain all day but it only spit a few times.

Here is one of our halts.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...76114032_n.jpg

One of the trots.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...63234259_n.jpg
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

That is a great initiative, I would love if that sort of stuff got organized around here!