The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDes View Post
    A few more options...

Pink Equine - http://store.bonvivantequine.com/c/s...-pads-by-color

I love the colors, but a word of caution - I think the pads run on the small side, so if you have a larger saddle, they may not be a good choice.
    Those colors are great!

Posted by alto:The PE pads I looked at were standard dimensions (they do offer an AP with a similar cut) but I was not over the top with the one I bought, some uneven stitching (on all the pads) & after a year of limited use & only a few washings, loose threads ...
    Darn! Has anyone else had this problem? I wouldn't want to have it fall apart after a few uses.
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

One more to look at! I don't have any first hand experience, but they're bright, and in your price range - http://www.wildhorsecolors.com/dress...ads-1-1-1.aspx

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis View Post
    Beautiful! I realized just now that my trainer has the "Piaffe" pad from that site, and I have been wondering where she got it for quite some time now.
    ~DQ wanna-be~

We bought Pink Equine pads in multiple colors for our GMO two years ago and had them embroidered with the club logo. They were very popular, and I still see some of them out at clinics.

I don't think they're the greatest quality, but they're not bad. Do check the sizing though - I have plenty of space for my saddle with most dressage pads, but the panels went over the back edge in the Pink Equine pads, and I ended up giving mine away to someone who had a smaller saddle.

I bought this for my guy for Christmas: http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/CONTOURPAD/PCDP.htm It's a really heavy duty stiff pad.

He's a little Arab and the larger square ones are just too big for his little body. Purple looks good on this plain brown guy.

Equus Now is having a 15% off sale on all saddle pads. They sell PRI pads that come in a rainbow of colors and piping. I love my PRI pads!

2 members found this post helpful.

I found some colorful dressage pads I love. They've got nice borders on them and some are very brightly colored. They're USG by KL Select. I've seen them at shows and a couple small online tack stores. They sell the same ones on Smartpak but only in a couple boring colors.

http://www.klselect.com/horse-appare...sdressage.html

I'm getting the turqoise/teal one for my blood bay mare. They're $48-56 depending on where you get them. I also like the dark green as it's more jewel toned than most green pads I've seen.

The PRI pads are my favorite. Our local shop carries them in a variety of colors for dressage pads - my favorite is a really light slate blue that I had monogrammed in navy.

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/DRESSPAD/PDSP.htm

Pimp My Pony

They have some of the most wild and out there pads and just about anything else you can ask for!

The AUD conversion rate is about the same at the moment so they come out to be fairly resonable.

Sorry link.

www.pimpmypony.com.au

You can get wilkers custom pads in any color combo for about $40 through Smartpak. They're ok. They do pill which is really annoying, and the non slip discs in the underside disintegrated pretty quickly.

I've tried a lot of colorful pads over the years, and I'm now slowly but surely replacing them all with custom mattes. I know they're like $80 a quilt but the repel stains, dont fade or fuzz, and wear like iron. And the icing on the cake is that my horse and I feel so fabulous riding in them.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Thank you all for the great suggestions! It is definitely going to be challenging not to spend too much money. Online shopping, here I come...

Thanks!
    ~DQ wanna-be~

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis View Post
    I second (third?) these PRI pads. I have several in bright colors. The lemon is VERY YELLOW (love it), I also have the coast blue (a nice medium blue) and the teal. I think they're nice fun colors, stay in place, and they've held up well.

I'm another lover of the PRI pads. I feel like they wash and wear well and stay soft. They're also a nice size -- not too big, not too small, not too bulky, not too thin. I have a bunch of colors, and I also buy them at the VTO Saddlery link. Lots of vendors at shows sell them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Love Seams Right pads. www.seamsright.com
    Me too. The prices are quite reasonable, and you can get them in any color. I also prefer giving my $$ to someone who takes real pride in her product than to a retailer who most likely gets them from some off-shore factory. A couple of years ago there was a small mistake in a pad I ordered, so I sent it back to be fixed. She not only insisted on paying for the two-day shipping but put a little surprise - a lunge pad - in the package when she sent it back

How about a $20 Dover Saddlery white dressage pad and a bottle of your favorite color fabric dye?

I am always tempted to get one of the handmade saddle pads on etsy.com: http://www.etsy.com/search?q=dressag...o=US&ref=auto3
    Welcome to my dressage world http://www.juliefranzen.blogspot.com/

Century also offers nicely coloured dressage pads. I have a really nice turquoise one. They are on the lower end for price and the quality does reflect it. I also like BR and Pink Equine for their matching accessories. I never really understood why colour was not acceptable. I guess the horse world is just very rooted in traditions...

http://www.marystack.com/usg-dressag...FVIV7AodoBEA5A I have a few USG pads. Very nice. Fits my big saddle. Great colors. Bought one today dark blue with beige border and baby blue piping