The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Less- traditional looking boots?

I'm looking for new schooling boots. My trainer just got some Ariat H2O, but they are now longer available (in my size, 10). They are very cool looking - and I liked them because they are tall enough - it seems all the less-traditional boots top out at 16 or 17 inches - I am afraid my leg might get pinched by the top of the boot.

Any ideas? (and really, I don't want to spend a fortune.....)

I think they still make the H2O in men's boot. A men's size 8 is equal to a women's 10. Also look for men's tall boot? They tend to run taller. Many reasonable priced options.
    UPDATE: Smart Pak has H2O size 10- did you want zip paddock, lace, or some other style?

I got the red Ariat Volants this winter, LOVE them! Also a size 10 tall slim, and they fit so great right out of the box...tall enough and sneaker feet Or you could try the black Volant zips.

Sometimes they need to be backordered...
    TPR!
    Thoroughbred Placement Resources, Inc
    www.goodhorse.org

I checked about the 10 before I posted; and again right now. not available.....

ANyway, I have been looking at ridersmall.com....... interesting, inexpensive...... anypne have experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    if you actually select the 10 in various calf sizes, they are ALL "No Longer Available"

I'm not any help, I just want to post about my recent experience ordering directly from the Ariat site, bah humbug! Poor customer service! I'm returning the paddock boots I got from them and reordering through SmartPak.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I have the new vented Ariat Volant boots. They are very well made and have held up quite well. I love the calf skin inner calf its very grippy. One word of caution is that they do not have the same level of ankle drop as traditional boots. I was fitted to a medium height were I ususally need talls. The girls at Dover were insistent they would drop less and they were 100% right!

1 members found this post helpful.

Wish I knew, but the journey is interesting

How about totally radical?

http://www.botosvalverde.es

Lovely Spanish leather, very good prices, takes credit cards (and most likely speak some English too if you call). I have always found them to be very comfortable.

1 members found this post helpful.

Willesdon, those are great! I had been looking at some Spanish boots. Nice to hear that they are comfortable and of good quality.... (Hmmm, wonder what my trainer would think of blue boots?)