The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Passier Sirius Saddle?

Has anyone ridden in the new Sirius saddle by Passier?? It looks exactly like what I've been trying to find for my horse. There is a computer animation of a horse in this tree and it is what I have been trying to tell the saddle fitters for years. I would love to hear from anyone who has ridden in one. How did your horse like it? How did you like it? Thanks!

From a fitter's standpoint, I gotta say, they didn't tell me a whole lot about the difference in the tree design, or how the shape of the headplate is different. From what little I could glean from the video, it appears that the front of the saddle is now sort of bell-shaped, which IMO could create pressure on the ends of the tree points. Given that the points on the Passiers have always been quite short, I've never run into issues with the points restricting the shoulders as long as the overall fit of the saddle was correct. I'll have to look into this further!

I sat in this gorgeous saddle when I was in Chicago, but not on a horse. I can say that it fit ME perfectly and seems like it was made for someone with a long femur. I absolutely loved it.

With my luck, I am the last person to listen to regarding saddles...so take it with a grain of salt...

If you like this one, check out the Prestige D1 something or another- "x" maybe? D? Not sure. There is a monoflap and standard. Also good for long femur. -it too is supposed to allow for shoulder movement. Pretty neat. Anyone have any experiences with either of those ?
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

I have not, but next time I talk to my fitter I'm going to see if she wants me to ride in it and write up a review. I'm a passier snob with a TB that is VERY VERY particular about how things fit around his shoulders.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

1 members found this post helpful.

Bump

You might contact Bahr Saddlery as they are the Canadian dealer, someone will have ridden the saddle - Liz was very direct about saddles that would suit/not suit when I was shopping, so I suspect she'll happily share her opinion & how it's been received by clients/horses.

ETA this video shows the tree
    Last edited by alto; May. 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

I'd like to hear feedback on this saddle also!
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

I've been looking for a new saddle, and unfortunately the one that seems it will fit me and my horse the best is the Passier Sirius it's more than $4K! my saddler is bringing one in August and I will post a review.
    Side note: Tried the Passier Corona II in a 16.5" (my Pessoa, and Max Hopfner are both 16.5"), it felt like a 17" Talked to a saddler from Voltaire saddles, he said that saddles these days are bigger since most riders are getting bigger.

I LOVE this saddle. I have never felt more secure and comfortable and one of my greatest life wishes right now is that someone gets desperate to sell theirs so I can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by juliax View Post
    Talked to a saddler from Voltaire saddles, he said that saddles these days are bigger since most riders are getting bigger.
    Maybe ... still see a lot of riders in too small saddles - much harder on the horse's back

Saddle sizes do vary between manufacturers & even between same saddle models from same manufacturer - if you watch a saddle making video that details the construction from start to finish, you can see how the differences arise, even for supposedly "identical" saddles.
    Some manufacturers tend to produce a more generous saddle, others less so.
    Seat depth & balance greatly affect the feel of a saddle, a more open seat will feel "bigger" than one that is less open (can't think of the proper term at the moment ).

Jn4jenny has written some excellent discourse on saddle feel - well worth reading

Default Passier Sirius DRessage saddle

Hi there,

we have them in stock in the UK, so you can try them.

Here is our website link:
    http://shop.mindbuzzler.com/home/454...ge-saddle.html

Kirstin

Quote Originally Posted by juliax View Post
    I've been looking for a new saddle, and unfortunately the one that seems it will fit me and my horse the best is the Passier Sirius it's more than $4K! my saddler is bringing one in August and I will post a review.
    Side note: Tried the Passier Corona II in a 16.5" (my Pessoa, and Max Hopfner are both 16.5"), it felt like a 17" Talked to a saddler from Voltaire saddles, he said that saddles these days are bigger since most riders are getting bigger.