The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I need help, SE PA.

I need a trainer/coach, but someone that can come to me, as I don't have a trailer. Is anyone local to me that can recommend someone? I know there are a lot of local people here.

I've messaged everyone I am aware of, and either got a no thanks, or you can come to us. I can't come out to you, or I would.

My horse is boarded in Douglassville, PA, and at this point I would be happy with any trainer, as I come from a jumper background, but always rode made or nearly made horses. Hunter/jumpers/dressage is fine. I just cannot get my guy to collect. I've had horses 30 years, but honestly they all collected already, so they were easy.

I am a willing student, I listen, I hear my faults, and in fact I am the type that would rather hear the faults than not. That's how I learn.

If someone knows a trainer I am willing to pay more and have less frequent lessons, if that's what it takes to get them to come out to me. As it just seems impossible right now.

I have no horse drama that is preventing them from coming to me, I did leave a previous trainer who I boarded with, but I think that was as amicable as it could be. I don't wish her ill harm.

Can anyone suggest anyone for me? Thanks.

Have you tried Shane Ledyard? He has come out to our barn -

I also would not pass up any dressage trainers you might fancy - helping with collection, balance and lightness on the forehand might get you where you want to be... just a suggestion?
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

I've had such a massive amount of private messages, it's taking me a long time to work through them. Someone contacted me who sounds exceptional.

I'm an idiot, I've been looking for a trainer on my own for about a year, and getting nowhere. In the mean time, I've been bumbling around the arena without any direction, and getting frustrated. I want to slap myself for not asking here sooner.

Thank you so much everyone.
    Last edited by AlexS; May. 18, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo

1 members found this post helpful.

So happy to hear you found someone. Please post back after your lesson(s). Would love to hear about your progress.

Thank you sevensprings, the person who contacted me is at a very high level, which is wonderful but terrifying. Laugh.

Someone messaged me asking me if I would be willing to send them the list of trainers willing to travel. I am sorry, I think I accidentally deleted your message. Can you message me again?

I asked the trainers who contacted me if I could send along their info, and the ones that said yes, I could send, but I now don't know who you are, to send that info to you.

Weekends are not the best time for my sanity, I am a foster parent of teenage boys, and they are all home from school. LOL. Message me, and you can have the list of people who were ok with me sending that along.