The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for mostly companion, occasional riding horse in north Georgia

We lost my husband's Paint mare suddenly several months ago. She and my Paint gelding were mostly hanging out, ridden every once in a while, neither one 100% sound. My guy has requested another equine to hang out with.

I am looking for an easy keeper who can go barefoot. We do boot if needed on the rare ride. Needs to be ok with some grazing. We have dogs who are in and out of the pasture so no dog haters. I also have llamas but can separate the horses and llamas if I need to. Calm to handle. Fairly calm to ride. My background is dressage and trail riding for fun. Would love to have a horse with a dressage background but maybe no longer completely sound. I'm not interested in showing or jumping. Good loader and hauler. Prefer a gelding. Don't care about particular age or breed or size or color.

I can provide vet and trimmer references. I keep my horses out with access to shelter all the time. But I do have a stalls. Feed and handle twice daily. Blankets/fly sheet as needed. I know I sound super picky but since I fully plan on keeping this horse for the rest of it's life I am looking for a good fit. You would be welcome to come visit and I would be happy to send pictures.

pm sent

I believe I have found a companion for my guy. Thanks to everyone who sent messages.