The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This coming Monday will be two weeks from when I ordered. Since I read EVERYTHING on the website, it hasn't worried me but the title of this thread had me leaping in here Still doesn't say it's shipped but I know I still have another week before I can question anything.

That's why you thoroughly READ everything. Like contracts!
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

3 members found this post helpful.

Why post a bad review when it was your fault for not reading all the way through the information? Mine got here in a very timely manner for a drug coming from India. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to afford the ulcer meds for my made right away

People might have been "yay it came fast" because they realized it came from India but still felt, under the circumstances, that the shipment was fast. The mere fact that people were happy with the shipping speed wouldn't have led me to expect a product shipped internationally in 5 days?! That was just a bit unrealistic. A couple of weeks is more typical. IMHO it's a good product and well worth the wait.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

I ordered mine on April 1 and they arrived on April 22.

Well... I also placed an order with Abler on Monday just before midnight, so essentially it was Tuesday. I just logged and found the tracking number indicating that it was shipped from Vanuatu this afternoon.

I usually receive my orders in 2-3 weeks. I try to re-order while I still have a 30-day supply -- I live in fear of running out of the precious pop rocks.

I noticed they now have a cheaper price when you order 600 sachets. I almost went for it. Having 600 sachets of pop rocks would almost rival the sense of peace and contentment I derive from having a barn stuffed full of hay.

2 members found this post helpful.

I placed an order for the first time via the web site. Had a live chat with a person who took the order. Followed with a email with all the information. The order came in 10 days. Haven't used the pop rocks yet. Just weened my horse off of horse prerace omeprazole.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post
    Well... I also placed an order with Abler on Monday just before midnight, so essentially it was Tuesday. I just logged and found the tracking number indicating that it was shipped from Vanuatu this afternoon.

I usually receive my orders in 2-3 weeks. I try to re-order while I still have a 30-day supply -- I live in fear of running out of the precious pop rocks.

I noticed they now have a cheaper price when you order 600 sachets. I almost went for it. Having 600 sachets of pop rocks would almost rival the sense of peace and contentment I derive from having a barn stuffed full of hay.
    I'm going to try and order online today--the past couple of times I've been unsucessful and had to call. Larkspur I TOTALLY get it! I'm down to around 100 sachets and am starting to get a nervous tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

Mine usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive. I keep track of my days supply and make sure I order with plenty of time. THe 10 minutes it takes to calculate how long your box will last you and set a reminder to re-order will save you frustration later.

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    accept I read the crazy thread where everyone was all "yay!! mine arrive super fast and I'm soooooo happy!"

lol
    You clearly have selective perception for what you read. I believe those threads were about fast service, *given* that the stuff is coming from overseas. In that context, two weeks is "fast". I don't think anyone ever implied that it was Jeffers-fast, lol.

In any event, probably not a good idea to diss the *only* source. It's not like there are dozens of companies in competition for this market. Given that, Abler provides a valuable (to the horse community) product with very decent service. I, for one, am grateful for that.

Anyhow, hope you find some to tide you over.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    Why post a bad review when it was your fault for not reading all the way through the information? Mine got here in a very timely manner for a drug coming from India. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to afford the ulcer meds for my made right away
    I posted the review before I realized what I had done wrong.
    Believe me, the original thread a wee tad different! lol.

You can't delete threads. So it is what it is.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    You clearly have selective perception for what you read. I believe those threads were about fast service, *given* that the stuff is coming from overseas. In that context, two weeks is "fast". I don't think anyone ever implied that it was Jeffers-fast, lol.

In any event, probably not a good idea to diss the *only* source. It's not like there are dozens of companies in competition for this market. Given that, Abler provides a valuable (to the horse community) product with very decent service. I, for one, am grateful for that.

Anyhow, hope you find some to tide you over.
    I don't think this thread is a diss but a warning. It would have helped me if I had searched Abler and found a thread titled "Warning".
    Therefore in this case maybe your perception is selective.

and thanks! I hope I can fill in the gaps between now and arrival as well.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I posted the review before I realized what I had done wrong.

You can't delete threads. So it is what it is.
    I think you can edit the title. Maybe something like Oops, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by mswillie View Post
    I think you can edit the title. Maybe something like Oops, my mistake.
    It's really not that big of a deal! It's not "warning: don't buy abler" it's "warning: shipping takes 2-3 weeks". It's fact and the current post is not dissing anyone. Abler is not going to stop shipping just because one person made a less than stellar comment, so the supply is safe. I'm unsure why people feel personally attacked (I did not see the original post). She understands now. Lets drop it.

5 members found this post helpful.

I had a very positive experience recently. My orders have usually taken several weeks but I got my last one in SIX business days! I'm in the Balt/DC area. I never got a shipping notification for this order so I thought it was still processing when the mailman showed up with the package!

I'm pretty sure COTH has singlehandedly quintupled Abler's business over the past few years, so I doubt the supply will be cut off by one somewhat less than stellar comment.
    Click here before you buy.

Geez, what's the gang mentality on this board? The OP made a mistake. She gets it now. How many pages will it take before you stop beating her up?

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I just ordered two hundred for my first time today. Paid for the expedited shipping.

What happens if your order is held by customs? Does Abler reship? With my luck, my order will disappear.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    Geez, what's the gang mentality on this board? The OP made a mistake. She gets it now. How many pages will it take before you stop beating her up?
    You KNOW that most posters just read the OP & contribute based upon that ...
    it's not ganging up, just everyone defending their much loved Pop Rocks

OP was insistent that there was no information on the Abler site, so you're guaranteed several posts just correcting that misinformation.

I've ordered several times and only once did I not have at least a 3 week wait. The last time, I paid $30 for expedited shipping and it took 4 weeks! They did try to make it right as I received email from them promising 25 free sachets with my next order to make up for it. They do have their shipping issues...