The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Warning to those placing orders for Abler pop rocks...[update post #46]

I placed my order for pop rocks on Monday.
    My order has yet to be processed let alone shipped!!

Everyone on COTH gave great reviews and raved on the swift arrivals of orders. I'm not feelin the love.

I just gave them a call. Maybe I'm totally clueless--but I had no idea that the orders don't come from Houston. They come from India or Australia.

So once shipped they will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Anyone have stock they don't need? I'd be happy to purchase...
    Last edited by purplnurpl; May. 24, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

If I were dealing with an international order, I'd have placed it earlier to avoid exactly what you're complaining about.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

4 members found this post helpful.

Just checking ... you thought your order would be filled, shipped, clear customs and arrive ... in 5 days? From an international destination? I don't see this as Abler's fault, at all.

There are numerous threads about this topic. I'd guess the minimum time is about 2 weeks, tending toward 3.

2 members found this post helpful.

Swift arrival? From Abler? Any order I have placed has taken a good amount of time (over a week for sure, and usually 2 weeks+) to arrive, whether I pay the extra charge to expedite or not. And that's not including the one that got lost or held by customs and never arrived. Now, Abler might be to blame for not shipping right away (that does seem odd as it has usually been the case that they process right away), but once it leaves them, it is anything but swift travel, at least IME.

ya I don't know where I read that shipments come quickly. It was on COTH though.

When I looked at their website and the customer contact was Houston I was really thrown with their time frame.

But anywho, I just called them and asked about the process.
    And I still don't see anything on the website that says products come from over seas. So as a first time user how would I know?
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

I agree that your expectations are a bit out of whack, I have never heard anybody say anything about swift shipping. I do have some but have a house full of guests for Preakness and can't get to the post office until Monday. I was unable to tell if your location was in the United States or not so it might not be much faster if I shipped them.

I was incredibly pleased (and surprised) when my last ordered arrived in less than 2 weeks. I really like the product, but it's not for time sensitive situations. HorsePreRace ships from Florida, and my last order from them arrived in 4 days. You may even be able to get them to send you something express.

Hmmmm... not sure where you heard that the orders come from Houston. This topic has been discussed many times on this forum and as others have said waiting 2+weeks for an order to arrive is quite common. The company ships from India so that is why it takes so long. Considering it is a product that works for treating ulcers that costs significantly less than the products available in the U.S it is worth the hassle of waiting.

That said, when I have needed some omeprazole in a crunch I have had good luck buying extra pop rocks off of fellow cothers so that may be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    ya I don't know where I read that shipments come quickly. It was on COTH though.

When I looked at their website and the customer contact was Houston I was really thrown with their time frame.

But anywho, I just called them and asked about the process.
    And I still don't see anything on the website that says products come from over seas. So as a first time user how would I know?
    There have been multiple COTH threads that mention it...

and, from the FAQ on their own website:

Abler dispatches your order from either Vanuatu - South Pacific (near Australia), Seychelles (near South Africa) or India.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Just checking ... you thought your order would be filled, shipped and arrive... in 5 days?.
    YUP!

Just checking ... you thought your order would be filled, shipped, clear customs and arrive... in 5 days?.
    Nope! Didn't know it had to clear customs!

From an international destination?
    There are numerous threads about this topic. I'd guess the minimum time is about 2 weeks, tending toward 3.
    Ya, apparently I missed the memo. booooooo

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazzu View Post
    accept I read the crazy thread where everyone was all "yay!! mine arrive super fast and I'm soooooo happy!"

lol

I placed an order with them two weeks ago over the phone (the second half of the try before you buy offer) and the CSR said that they ship orders within 72 hours. So it can be up to 3 days before they even ship your order, and then the overseas/customs stuff other posters talked about. That being said, both times my order arrived in about 10 days from order placement, and that was without the expedited shipping.
    RIP Victor... I'll miss you, you big galumph.

I was shocked when mine came in about 2 weeks this time. Last time it was 5 weeks.
    If they have not even processed it yet, you may want to check and make sure they are not holding it for a check payment (it should say this on the order confirmation email). There is (or used to be) some glitch in their interface that does not always save the selection for a credit card if you make some other change after you select CC (sorry I cannot be more specific- it was a while ago that I figured out what I did to make the CC selection disappear and it default to check even though I entered my CC info). Unaware that it had not saved my CC selection and info, it took me a while and a phone call to figure out they were holding the processing waiting for a check.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazzu View Post

and, from the FAQ on their own website:

Abler dispatches your order from either Vanuatu - South Pacific (near Australia), Seychelles (near South Africa) or India.
    This, plus the FAQ clearly states:
    "FREE SHIPPING - 1st class Airmail Shipping - delivery 10-14 working days"

and

"Express Post: EMS - delivery 5-7 working days - Fee $30 (for larger orders a higher EMS fee applies)"

So, any investigation or reading at all would have given you the information you needed to order in time. Or at least prevent a blow-out that unfairly condemns a company that's provided many of us good service for quite a while.

1 members found this post helpful.

My last order I never got a shipping confirmation and it just arrived on my doorstep yesterday in less than 2 weeks. So maybe you will get lucky!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Can someone provide the link to buy them? The search doesn't return anything on pop rocks but I know its out there!

Thanks!
    ~Isabel

Proud owner and Head Groom for Infinity Sport Horse
    Facebook :: Website

Which ones do y'all use?

Abprazole Plus™
    Abprazole™
    ~Isabel

Proud owner and Head Groom for Infinity Sport Horse
    Facebook :: Website

Quote Originally Posted by CatchMeIfUCan View Post
    Which ones do y'all use?

Abprazole Plus™
    Abprazole™
    I've used both.

So, any investigation or reading at all would have given you the information you needed to order in time. Or at least prevent a blow-out that unfairly condemns a company that's provided many of us good service for quite a while.
    Unfair blowout combined with a solid assertion that it has this info NO WHERE on the site. Except, you know, right at the top of the FAQ page.