The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Opportunity to own or lease a famous OTTB!

Echo Eddie
    16-year-old
    Gray Thoroughbred Gelding
    For Long Term Lease or Giveaway

This is a unique opportunity to work with a millionaire racehorse, who has a stakes race named after him in Santa Anita and raced in Dubai and Hong Kong. Eddie won over a million dollars on the race track, and is just special in every way. This horse retired from the track in 2005 and evented at Novice in 2006, then was sold and fell through the cracks a bit until 2012 when he came in to the hands of a benefactor who wants to get him in to a good home where he can excel. Eddie is sound, clean legged, and as fancy and athletic as you'd expect such a succesful athlete to be--don't let his age fool you, he had a lot of years left. He is currently doing training/first level dressage, jumping small courses, and hacking out alone and in company. He's ready to go to a show--and is suitable for any of the Olympic disciplines. While he is a complete gentleman to ride and handle, he does require some special management in terms of his living situation, daily turnout, and adherence to a schedule are a must. Prefernce given to someone who would like to keep him here, but otherwise vet and trainer refrences will be requested and checked. For more details on Eddie, and to set up an appointment to meet him, please contact us.

Photo here.
    Phoenix Farm ~ Breeding-Training-Sales
    Eventing, Dressage, Young Horses
    www.phoenixsporthorses.com
    Check out my new blog: http://califcountrymom.blogspot.com

My goodness, sounds like a dreamhorse!
    Kudos to the folks along the way who have kept him happy and healthy with a job and a life that he obviously enjoys. I love to hear about about these superstars and their lives after racing. His next partner should be honored! Hope we can get an update.

2 members found this post helpful.

Boy, I'd like to have him. I was so proud of my boy's $140,000 in winnings. I think trailering Eddie all the way to IL would be a bit much though...
    I'm wondering if you could elaborate a bit on "he does require some special management in terms of his living situation, daily turnout, and adherence to a schedule are a must." And how tall is he?

What a cool opportunity! I wish I was in a position to take in such a special boy! Hope he finds a great place
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

OTTB's, this horse has been to Dubai and Hong Kong- I think he could handle a trip to Illinois

Beautiful boy!