The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

bump........someone please go rescue this horse. We're in Pennsylvania and can't help from here. The price still at $45.

These two are haunting me, but I cannot take in two more, there is no room. However, if we can find them homes in TX or if a rescue is willing to step in, I'm in for some cash to get them out of there. I've seen COTH do amazing things before -- hoping we can do it again for these poor things.

I am still willing to help with money if someone can take those 2 horses, even to just put them down. Not every horse can have the luck of our TWH in TN.

I board, and my horse and I took in his horse 2 yrs ago, so now I'm boarding 2 horses again.

1 members found this post helpful.

One of the posters here asked if BEHS could take them in, so I'm seeing if we have foster homes for them. (We can't/don't buy horses at auction but I know at least one of these guys has someone willing to help donate the money to buy him).

I'm working on it and we have a few days, so I'll update you all.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

7 members found this post helpful.

Bumping. Fingers crossed foster homes can be found through BEHS. Sent CWJ email that I will also donate auction / care funds to help these two very needy horses. They deserve better.

Shared with my Dallas contacts.
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    One of the posters here asked if BEHS could take them in, so I'm seeing if we have foster homes for them. (We can't/don't buy horses at auction but I know at least one of these guys has someone willing to help donate the money to buy him).

I'm working on it and we have a few days, so I'll update you all.
    I'm in with a donation if you find someone to foster. WAY too far away (and not equipped to quarantine anything anyway) but just let me know how to chip in. Pulled a lot of overtime at the new job lately.

bumping...

Thumbs up Happy Day!!!!!!

with the help of an angel, we have located foster homes for both horses!!!!!! Thank you Jenn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to coordinate this effort thru PMs so we don't get in trouble with the Mods, I plan on bidding for one of the horses and want to have a specific person bidding for the other so that (a) we can get both horses bailed out and (b) there are not multiple COTHers bidding against each other.

Please PM me if you're interested in being the bidder for the second horse, and I'll do what War Admiral did for the TN Craigslist horse by coordinating the donation effort as well to facilitate getting the $$ to the fosters to cover expenses for these boys.

Y'all COTHers are an amazing bunch, thank you so much for your help in bailing these poor boys out and giving them another chance at a good life!!!!!! Or as we'd say in Pittsburgh, y'inzers are the bomb!

8 members found this post helpful.

Dogontired, that's excellent! I'm not sure I'm comfortable with bidding, but please PM me with details on how to donate for getting them into their foster homes.

I'm in.
    What pp address and who is the contact for funds?
    I ain't voting for Gennifer Flower's ex-boyfriend's wife!

Question: If Cothers save 3 horses in one week, will the heads of the people on TOB explode? They were so upset about us saving the TWH in TN.

Great work again. Let's get it done before off topic starts the train wrecks this weekend.

Count me in to send $ help the TB. I really really NEED to help a TB this week.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Anyone recognize the names of those bidding on the bay TB and the pinto? A few bids are in.

I've had 3 TBs and 3 pintos in my lifetime (yes Cloudy is a pinto although no one recognizes that) so I want both horses either in good homes or good foster homes.

Dogontired, let me know when and where to paypal. And Jenn.

apologies, will clean up mailbox here in a bit, thanks to all of you who have sent notes....

Bump, I just need to know who to send $ to!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I am humbled and thankful that you were all able to help these horses. I'm going to post a link to my friends facebook that posted this. I often feel that I spread the word about a horse/dog/cat in need but that it doesn't amount to much. I'm just thrilled that I could play a small part in helping these horses, so far away, find a soft place to land.

Ruth0552, on behalf of the other COTHers on this thread, thank you for your original note, you've saved 2 lives just by doing so. You're an angel!

I'm still trying to figure out the paypal thing so I can pay for the horses, so will update that when my hubby/tech support gets home and interprets the tech-nese instructions for me As a heads up to all, I will be the buyer for both horses, I am strategically waiting until Weds to bid, as the auction is over for both boys on Thurs and I figure the current bidders will assume they won cheap and won't check their bids out again prior to end of auction. I will post my bidder name when I have it (again, after hubby/tech support gets home and helps me figure the darn thing out).....another COTHer and I will cover the purchase prices for the horses, so all other $$ can go for their support and care in foster.
    Last edited by dogontired; May. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: clarify that the paypal is for pymt to the auction house

^ ^ ^ Fantastic Dogonetired. See next post for BEHS role if COTHers are winning bidders (May 30th auction ends).

TB auction page:
    http://www.lonestaronline.com/listin...1053194517#TOP

Paint is currently bid to $85:
    http://www.lonestaronline.com/listin...1053194516#TOP

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Justa Bob; May. 26, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    ^ ^ ^ Fantastic Dogonetired for being the auction bidder. BEHS (Cowgirljenn) can't bid/buy horses per BEHS rules. However, I expect COTHers can donate funds to BEHS for vet, feed, transport and long-term care costs. The rescue/save step is the easiest, finding money for the long-term rehabilitation care is the real work.

Dogontired or Cowgirljenn can you let COTHers wishing to donate know how best to proceed? BEHS is an 501(c)3 non-profit.

BEHS website:
    http://www.bluebonnetequine.org/index.php

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/BluebonnetE...ociety?fref=ts

TB auction page:
    http://www.lonestaronline.com/listin...1053194517#TOP

Paint is currently bid to $85:
    http://www.lonestaronline.com/listin...1053194516#TOP

Thanks everyone!
    Thank you all for jumping in to help these guys. Dogontired, I'm going to get with you tomorrow or Tuesday on all the details. I've got to get off the computer today and go care for a couple of BEHS horses who came to my house this weekend...

And for donations for vet/farrier/feed, if dogontired wins the bids on these guys I can set up a Paypal donation link specifically for these guys. I don't want to collect for their care beforehand in case they don't come to us.

I'll do my best to keep you guys updated on their long-term care, too. I'm entering my super busy time getting ready for our fall Expo (it takes several months of planning/work beforehand). But we'll get them up on the website and on our FB page and post updates.

You all are the best.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

2 members found this post helpful.