The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Great pictures! Thank you. There is another terribly emaciated TB that Mid-Atlantic Horse Rescue has taken in and slowly rehabbed - Rubber Duckie. He is now starting some gentle rides. Looking forward to Bingo having a similar journey over the coming months.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5598272&type=1

1 members found this post helpful.

Great pictures, Justabob. I've seen several horses go from those horrible pix to beautiful horses. I hope that Bingo makes it through his rehab and turns out as well as the horse whose pix you posted.

A small update.

The Jockey Club couldn't find anything matching him and his tattoo, so we're stumped. That's ok, though, as we love him ... (it IS nice to know who they are).

His foster "mom" is smitten with him. She says he's doing well, eating well, and getting turned out on grass a little each day (she started him off with limited grass since we don't know when he was last on grass and didn't want to overwhelm his system).
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

So glad to hear Bingo is making good progress, I'm sure he thinks he hit the jackpot with you and his foster mama!!!! Thank you again for everything you do, Jenn, and thanks to all of you that contributed to giving this boy another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    A small update.

The Jockey Club couldn't find anything matching him and his tattoo, so we're stumped. That's ok, though, as we love him ... (it IS nice to know who they are).

His foster "mom" is smitten with him. She says he's doing well, eating well, and getting turned out on grass a little each day (she started him off with limited grass since we don't know when he was last on grass and didn't want to overwhelm his system).
    That is so great. I will try to send a little more this month -- got hit with $1400 worth in vet bills last month. BTW, Jenn, does anyone with Bluebonnet need the Platinum Performance BioSponge? I bought a whole jar of it two weeks ago and ended up losing the horse before we used very much of it. You are welcome to it if you need it -- I can ship it to you. Just let me know. I'm sure Bingo doesn't need it, but maybe another horse does, or will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex and Bodie's Mom View Post
    That is so great. I will try to send a little more this month -- got hit with $1400 worth in vet bills last month. BTW, Jenn, does anyone with Bluebonnet need the Platinum Performance BioSponge? I bought a whole jar of it two weeks ago and ended up losing the horse before we used very much of it. You are welcome to it if you need it -- I can ship it to you. Just let me know. I'm sure Bingo doesn't need it, but maybe another horse does, or will.
    I haven't used it before, but let me look up what it does/is in a bit. I've got a really sad case here right now - found estray, beat up, badly lame on a front leg. Vet did x-rays and I'm waiting to hear the verdict. If we can save him, it'll be a long recovery...

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Updated photo - it isn't a great one (the foster home isn't great at getting photos), BUT you can clearly see he's gotten rid of that nasty old hair. His foster mom says he has a great appetite and is doing well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Holy cow! What a difference! Did you ever find out his JC registry? Is it possible he's from Mexico? I know they have TB racing there, but I don't know anything about how they register their horses. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility.

Great looking horse! A Cother needs to adopt Bingo! A few week or months of feed and hay, dental care, and a pwerpac make all the difference in a horse.

Thank you dogontired for doing all the work for Cothers to save this horse. And thank you OP for posting the horse on this thread and allowing us to save him.

Now someone adopt him and give him a good life. Please.

I am so happy that he is making such progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex and Bodie's Mom View Post
    Holy cow! What a difference! Did you ever find out his JC registry? Is it possible he's from Mexico? I know they have TB racing there, but I don't know anything about how they register their horses. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility.
    Never figured out who he is. The Jockey Club gave up on figuring it out, too.

I wondered about horse racing in Mexico and hadn't had time to go figure it out yet - it is on my to do list. (I have a very needy rescue horse here right now who is sucking down my time! Between him and two upcoming fundraisers I am stretched too thin... but I will find time soon and see what I can figure out).

He may always be our mystery man.

By the way, if anyone on this thread is in Texas, Bingo ought to be at our Bluebonnet Horse Expo on Oct. 19th in Austin. He won't go up for adoption for a while yet (as he still needs to gain weight and we need to see what he knows), but I'm hoping he'll come show off at the Expo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth0552 View Post
    I am so happy that he is making such progress!
    Hey Ruth! You and dogontired saved Bingo's life.
    it is difficult to read some of the tattoos. The jockey club woman was so great when years ago I bought Callie and the BO's husband and I tried every combination of tattoo #s till we got hers right. So the foster should keep trying. The jockey club woman was incredibly patient with me.

some Cother needs to adopt Bingo and show him. He's looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Hey Ruth! You and dogontired saved Bingo's life.
    it is difficult to read some of the tattoos. The jockey club woman was so great when years ago I bought Callie and the BO's husband and I tried every combination of tattoo #s till we got hers right. So the foster should keep trying. The jockey club woman was incredibly patient with me.
    His tattoo is incredibly clear. There's no mistaking the # or letters (the Jockey Club agrees with that, they've seen the photo of his tattoo). It just does not match anything.

Is it possible that he is a Standardbred???

Quote Originally Posted by uphill View Post
    Is it possible that he is a Standardbred???
    we tried that one as well, but not much luck. Jenn, does the foster mom say if how he moves around? Any pacing (same side) or big knee trot with tail hiked up in the air?

Mexican drug cartels have illicit tracks in Texas and New Mexico. They use real race horses.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/larry_b...cing-runs-wild
    Where the short cows roam.

War veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dogontired View Post
    we tried that one as well, but not much luck. Jenn, does the foster mom say if how he moves around? Any pacing (same side) or big knee trot with tail hiked up in the air?
    I'll ask her - when he was here, he didn't move much - he was too busy eating.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I'll ask her - when he was here, he didn't move much - he was too busy eating.
    that's ok by me, he's got some catching up to do on that eating thing!!!!! Still hoping to come down and see him (and you) this fall.....

Default update on Bingo

So until I figure out how to post this pic on COTH, here's a link to see how Bingo is doing:

Can't believe the difference. Thank you Carole for helping bail this boy out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogontired View Post
    So until I figure out how to post this pic on COTH, here's a link to see how Bingo is doing:

Can't believe the difference. Thank you Carole for helping bail this boy out!!!!!
    Thanks, I meant to come post that - but I am a little insane getting ready for our big fundraiser. I'm hoping he's going to make the fundraiser, if he does I'll get more photos of him!

Thank EVERYONE who has or is helping out with him!