The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ariat Air Grip!

Thanks guys and gurls! Lots of good options on here.

I like the solar tan through gloves b/c then you do not get a glove tan line!

I like the SSG Grand Prix gloves. They are lightweight, dry easily, and I don't sweat nearly as much in them as my leather/crochet gloves. Those I can't seem to keep from getting stiff no matter what I do.

http://www.tackroominc.com/roeckl-so...es-p-8818.html
    I bought these at WEF 2 years ago. They do not photograph well. The backs are completely see thru mesh. They are cool and wonderful. Mine are black. PM me and I will send pic on my hand.

So greatful to get to ride!

I have a few pair of the SSG crochet back gloves, and I don't really care for them. I do like the regular SSG that come in lots of different colors.

I love crochet backs, but surprisingly, these machine washable gloves are kind of awesome. Not a classic look, but for around the barn and riding, not a bad deal!

http://www.menards.com/main/housewar...352-c-7082.htm

Roeckl summer chesters, hands down. No pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by tua37516 View Post
    BEST KEPT SECRET! Tredstep Summer Cool gloves! http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredst...x?cm_vc=Search

Lightweight, breathable, wash up great, and under $25! I got maybe 8 months out of these with heavy riding, about 2-3 horses a day 5-6 days a week. So I think they held up well! I liked that I could school in them and they would get dirty but when I threw them in the washer they looked brand new for shows.
    Totally agree - love these gloves! They even have small fabric sections on them you can use to wipe sweat from your brow.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I have a pair of Schwenkel gloves that I love. I was blown away the first time I wore them at what a difference they made. They are lightweight and thin, so great for summer. They have mesh along the knuckles so allow airflow and flexibility while still being durable.

http://www.zebraproducts.co.uk/index...&Itemid=100047

Quote Originally Posted by candysgirl View Post
    I use either the basic SSGs that come in a rainbow of colors or SSG crochet ones. I abuse them all and they last several years.
    I agree with Candysgirl. I have several of the inexpensive SSG gloves. They cost me about $4.99/pair so I buy a few at a time and I abuse the heck out them. I just use one pair at a time and wait til they bite the dust. I wash them frequently and use them everytime I ride, lunge or do any ground work. I have some that are several years old. I usually lose them before they die.

I also have the crochet with leather palms by SSG. I prefer the U-back. I have beat them to a pulp as well and washed them several times. I haven't noticed any quality issues with them and I am going on season #2.

Like the OP, I buy gloves on a serious budget because I lose them too frequently. Check out the inexpensive SSG cotton ones and see what you think. For about $4 you can't beat it!
    "As you get older, the hardest thing about riding is the ground"- anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Hunter View Post
    I bought these at WEF 2 years ago. They do not photograph well. The backs are completely see thru mesh. They are cool and wonderful. Mine are black. PM me and I will send pic on my hand.
    Absolutely superb! I wear these. They are light, cool and with a fantastic grip! Plus no tan lines! I have worn them for 6 months now (I live in Argentina and our warm climate lasts longer...) every day (monday to monday, literally) for three hours and they have shown practically no wear!
    I not only highly recommend them but I am going to buy myself a second pair for shows.
    Over what hill? Where? When? I don\'t remember any hill....

www.freewebs.com/caballerizadelviso

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Hunter View Post
    Absolutely superb! I wear these. They are light, cool and with a fantastic grip! Plus no tan lines! I have worn them for 6 months now (I live in Argentina and our warm climate lasts longer...) every day (monday to monday, literally) for three hours and they have shown practically no wear!
    I not only highly recommend them but I am going to buy myself a second pair for shows.
    Over what hill? Where? When? I don\'t remember any hill....

www.freewebs.com/caballerizadelviso

I use the SSG Kool-Flo in warm weather and the SSG crochet backs in the colder weather (because I had them!).
    I am on my 2nd pair of Kool-Flo in over 6 years, so that is not too bad. I wash the leather down with Leather Therapy wash when they are on my hands and that keeps them nice and soft.
    My all time favorite and worn out pair of Good Hands beige gloves gave up long ago and now I cannot find them anymore. They were a deerskin and had a very light back similar to the Kool Flo, only even better!!!
    Proud to have two Gold Prince POAs!
    Takaupas Top Gold
    Gifts Black Gold Knight