The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Leadline Clothes??

Does anyone know where you can find really tiny leadline clothes? My daughter is only just fitting in 18-24 month size. Having a very hard time finding anything tiny.
    Thanks

TuffRider makes breeches in a size 2. I bought a pair for my daughter at our local tack store, but I think the Just For Ponies website sells them as well. The smallest hunt coat I could find for her was a size 4, which was a bit too big at the time (she was 3) but it still worked. Now that she's 4, it's a bit easier finding show clothes in her size. Good luck!

Here's a link:

http://www.justforponies.com/tuffrid...sizes2-16.aspx
    Last edited by Temecula Jumper; May. 16, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added link

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

I have a very tiny size 2 RJ classics .. Navy barely used , ( as you can imagine) . PM for a picture if you like with your email addy . I believe I also have a tiny pink shirt with a tiny pearl embelished collar. can't help on the breeches.. ( Although I do have a tiny pair of vintage TS toddler breeches I don't thinmk I can part with them).

All I can suggest is to contact mothers with slightly older/bigger kids and see what you can borrow. A friend did that years ago with her granddaughter --- cutest thing EVER to see little tiny girl in borrowed jodphurs/boots/coat, her own helmet, binky in her mouth, in leadline on a snot of a pinto Shetland who adored his girl and would do ANYTHING for her. Of course, the too-big jodphurs did allow for her diaper to easily fit!

My daughter who was 10 months and did her first leadline in FL this winter, wore a size 2 Grand Prix hunt coat, Essex size 2 show shirt and size 2 Dyer Jods and a Gpa helmet I had the sleeves on the hunt coat sewn up so she can wear it more then once.

My daughter did leadline at 16 months. She had a Wellington coat in 2T and a RJ shirt in 2T. Both had the arms altered (with fabric left so we could open them back up). A wonderful COTH member sold me her CO size 6 helmet (my girl has a big head). Maryland Saddlery had size 5 paddock boots. They also cut down a leather belt and the garters, so they were in proportion to her legs. The only thing I've had trouble getting to fit is the gloves - I've never been able to find any small enough, even now that she's three and a half. Good luck!

DD did leadline at 19 mos in all size 2T stuff from Devon Aire & RJ Classics. We also had to alter the arms. Belt was an old stirrup leather Mommy upcycled. We bought XXXS pimple palm gloves from a sale bin at a tack shop...they were old Miller's Saddlery stock.

You may want to call Middleburg Tack Exchange and see if they have anything; if you don't mind throwing $$ at it, just hit up MD Saddlery. Have FUN!!!

If you have good consignment tack shops in your area, I'd check there. Some people at my barn have found really tiny show clothes for their kids on consignment that have looked as good as new! Also, talk to some of the other mothers of slightly older kids at your barn. I gave away/loaned most of my show clothes to little kids in my barn. And some of those clothes had been given to me by girls who were older/ bigger than me when I was little!

She did a post on lead line for wee ones, several down:

http://hjstylereport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Elementgrl2 View Post
    My daughter who was 10 months and did her first leadline in FL this winter, wore a size 2 Grand Prix hunt coat, Essex size 2 show shirt and size 2 Dyer Jods and a Gpa helmet I had the sleeves on the hunt coat sewn up so she can wear it more then once.
    I am certain it is a COTH rule that you can't talk about a baby doing lead line without photos....

http://m.ralphlauren.com/?p=aHR0cDov...FyY2g9MQ%3D%3D

They're not "real" riding pants but they're so cute!!

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

My DD did leadline at 3 months in a basket. I got beige stretch pants and sewed suede like patches to the knees. White button down and a navy coat from the boys section which I had to take in in the back and sleeves. Bobux had the cutest jodhpur boots and we put a velvet cover on a wee tiny bike helmet. The basket lacked any kind of restraint system so I cannibalized a running attachment and the liner from her Graco swing into a nifty deal
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Boinks is the only place I found that had pants that tiny. I used simple black leather nylon dog collars as stirrup leathers on her black leadline saddle. I also used a fancier colorful nylon dog collar as a belt. Worked perfect for both. Her boots were from Target. Looked exactly like paddock boots. They had this little leather fringe ruffle that I just cut off with an exacto knife.

When your DD gets older make sure to get your leathers from Gary Mundy (search his name on this forum for near perfect references). My DD is now 4, and able to wear more store brands, so easier to buy for.

My DD loves the barn. I remind DH that when she is putting her paddock boots on to meet her friends at the barn instead of her skirt to go to the mall, he will appreciate her toddler days spent in the barn!!

Quote Originally Posted by HJStyleReport View Post
    http://m.ralphlauren.com/?p=aHR0cDov...FyY2g9MQ%3D%3D

They're not "real" riding pants but they're so cute!!
    Omg! Two of my girlfriends just had girls, I'm drop shipping these to them

This company makes toodler size tights in as small as 3-12 months. I cannot comment on quality as I never bought any for my DD (she was able to wear the size 2 jods when she started lead line).

boinkequestrian

As for a coat, I also found a wicked cute girls blazer from Janie and Jack (the couture shop for Gymboree) on ebay; it was nice because it wasn't just standard black or navy but a reddish brown that looked amazing on my daughter's chestnut and her curly red hair. So be creative on where you look.

Good luck.

PS-for anyone with boys, I found a toddler 2-5 necktie on amazon but it is very adjustable with velcro and probably could go smaller.
    www.englishivyfarms.com
    Hunters, Jumpers, & Welsh Ponies
    All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day. ~Author Unknown