The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Field of Dreams barn in Butler, PA--anyone familiar?

Is anyone familiar with the boarding/training facility Field of Dreams in Butler, PA? They don't have a website or Facebook, and I was curious as to other people's experiences with the barn. Thanks

Never heard of 'em.

That being said, there are a lot of smaller barns up that way. However, lack of a website or Facebook would make me wonder about the quality. Is it an actual boarding/training facility? Or someone's private place offering self care or something along those lines? I don't think there are any real high end H/J barns in Butler.

Double post.

But anyway, I did find their address on Facebook and Google Map'd it. Looks like they have an indoor but no outdoor ring. Lots of fenced in pastures.

Well it's advertised as a training/boarding facility, but the lack of an online presence also makes me wonder.

Well, it's pretty rural and the internet connection can get iffy... I knew a woman up that way who used to say she'd start folding laundry while waiting for her e-mail to load. Technology may not be a priority for them. Maybe call and ask about specific amenities? If they sound like they have something to offer make the drive.

I know the farm very well (7+ years and operated the boarding business last year).

If you have any questions, just PM me.

They did close the barn down to the public due to retirement and selling (not even their horse is residing there).