The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default First Paper Chase!

This past year I decided to move into eventing from the hunter/jumper world. I love it however I haven't had much of a chance to get out of the ring to use the new skills I've been learning.

This past weekend I attended my first paper chase! I was on my trainer's horse who needs the conditioning to get ready for the new season. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to jump as the jumps were too high but we had a great time despite that and the rain for the first half of the trails.

I have to say cantering across fields and then through the finish line was the best feeling in the world. I can't wait until I am able to add in jumps to it! I am officially addicted!

I could do without the soreness and stiffness in my legs though!

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Sa...842cc.jpg.html

I'm on the closest appy He flips his head while waiting his turn to start which is hilarious to watch when he feels we're taking too long.
    Telling a worrier to relax is counterproductive. Then we worry about relaxing.

That's so exciting! If there were more eventing options near me I'd love to try it. Your ride looks like a cutie with plenty of personality!

I discovered tonight that I am doing my first paper chase on Sunday. Imagine! I'm a H/J rider and horseless to boot, haven't jumped in 6 months or ridden in 3 weeks. I hope there are no pics to record the blessed event!
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique