The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding recommendations in Virginia Beach or Chesapeake

I moved to Norfolk last year, looking for boarding recommendations in the Virginia Beach or Chesapeake area. Good pasture, decent footing, safe fencing, and hot water that is within 25 miles of Norfolk and does not involve going through a tunnel (which is why I am no longer in Suffolk). Somewhere agreeable to letting me keep my current dressage trainer (insured). Does not need to be a dressage specific facility. I'm perfectly content schooling in an empty field but I do need access to a lighted arena/area for the winter months as I work full time. Mirrors would be a big plus. I can provide references for both me and my horse.

Heron Creek Farm has a lot of what you're offering. Their trainer, Kathleen Renfro, makes sure all her riders have a dressage base and also lets a local dressage specific trainer (Judy Williams) come teach. Judy is really an awesome trainer and so is Kathleen. Their website is www.heroncreekfarm.com and her cell is 757-580-5300. I think there is a waiting list, but don't know how long it is. Good luck!